TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose0904

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 6, 2021
Not fun at all! I received a question like what would be the worst part about being a commercial lawyer. I honestly had not prepared that....and I don't even remember what I said - which is the worst part 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
I had that question on a VI before Christmas too and it was awful, I just panicked! I think it's rare to come out of a VI feeling like they went well though, just because of how unnatural they can feel. I did my first last cycle and I thought it was horrific but I made it to AC so don't write yourself off yet!

• 🏆
Reactions: Rob93 and Commerciallaw

isaacsj

Jan 6, 2022
Hi everyone, hope you all had a wonderful festive period.

I'm new to the forum so I apologise if this has been asked already, but I was curious what kind of drop off is there between a firm's assessment and a VI invite? Somehow I've managed to complete VIs for Simmons & Simmons and Gowling, and was wondering if that's something to really celebrate and get my hopes up, or is there still a lot of applicants?

Thanks!

• 🤝
Reactions: Rob93 and Asil Ahmad

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Hi everyone, hope you all had a wonderful festive period.

I'm new to the forum so I apologise if this has been asked already, but I was curious what kind of drop off is there between a firm's assessment and a VI invite? Somehow I've managed to complete VIs for Simmons & Simmons and Gowling, and was wondering if that's something to really celebrate and get my hopes up, or is there still a lot of applicants?

Thanks!
    It depends on the firm and welcome to the forum. Also for Gowling I think kit depends on the office that you applied for.

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    1) We’d love to know why you are motivated to pursue a career in a commercial law firm, in particular Squire Patton Boggs? (200 words max) *

2) We want to learn more about the skills you have gained from any extra-curricular activities, hobbies, job or work experience. Please select TWO skills from the list below and provide examples of how you have developed these skills in your previous experiences and how these skills will help you in a career in law. (300 words)

• Collaboration • Working independently • Taking responsibility • Showing initiative • Undertaking analysis and research • Problem solving • Self-improvement • Attention to detail • Creativity • Communication • Adaptability

Skill question and 200 words in why this firm combined with why commercial law.
    Thank you!

• Love
    Reactions: Asil Ahmad
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.