TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Does anybody know where you can find a list of some of Skadden's clients? TIA
The way I usually approach this is to pick a practice area, search up partners in that area and see their recent deals (or instructions, if you're looking at contentious stuff). It'll say what the matter was and for whom they worked.

Reactions: S87

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 11, 2021
Has anyone who applied for Pinsents heard anything back? I haven’t even had the critical thinking assessment pinged to me, just wondering if these means anything :))
I spoke to a future Pinsents trainee from my uni and he said that he only heard back and got invited to take the psychometric test at the end of January, so I wouldn't worry too much about not hearing back yet now. His application was with the Leeds office though so idk if the timeframe is any different for other offices.

I also emailed grad rec to ask a few questions before I submitted my application and they said this:
"Of the 1500+ applications received approximately 200 will be invited to undertake an online psychometric test, with those who pass being invited to an assessment centre where they will have a one to one commercial/behavioural interview with a Partner and a business simulation exercise. The assessment centres are conducted in February, virtually and/or in house".​

LEL

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 22, 2020
Anyone have an unconventional response to 'which area should we expand into?' - I usually say ESG to fit the growing agenda etc., but this firm has a whole practice area just for ESG so they're clearly following client needs. Any help appreciated!

Samir_O

Legendary Member
Oct 5, 2021
Anyone have any tips for the Irwin Mitchell VI in terms of what types of questions their VI typically covers? not too experienced with VI's and havent done one for Irwin Mitchell so would definitely appreciate any tips/guidance/insight!

Reactions: Praying4TC2022
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.