TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Goodness me the Covington question about what law would you introduce and why is killing me hardly! I wish I was in my country because the UK seems to be pretty perfect!
Not sure how helpful this is, but I wonder if searching through the Law Commission website might offer some ideas to think about?

But also don't necessarily listen to me. I haven't even secured an interview/AC yet, let alone a vac scheme lmao

• Love
Reactions: S87

lawful_neutral216

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 5, 2020
Hi all, I have to take Dechert's written exercise on Monday, not sure what to expect since I can't find any information on it. Some previous posts on the forum mentioned it's focused on client-service skills. Does anybody have any more insight into it? Thanks so much in advance!

Nemo11

Dec 15, 2021
Hi! - Just wanted to let you know that you also need to complete the verbal reasoning test before 23:59 on 15 Jan 2022, after submitting your application for it to be considered

They send it to you automatically after application submission 🙂
Sorry I haven’t found any info on this online. Approx how much time does the verbal reasoning take and how is it different from WG? Thank you in advance !! :)

Reactions: djqb

kmax301

Esteemed Member
Feb 3, 2021
I've just applied to 7 firms and feel like it's drained all my energy and time😭 like how do people manage to do 20+???😭
I completely agree. At some point I started feeling that I didn't have the energy to write a non-generic application. However, I took a break from writing and now I feel like I have the motivation/energy again.

Last edited:

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
I've just applied to 7 firms and feel like it's drained all my energy and time😭 like how do people manage to do 20+???😭
Do them in batches and take breaks where you don’t think about them at all - I hate cardio so going for a run will almost always take my mind off apps lolol

I wish we weren’t in a pandemic. Writing apps in groups could be a fun way to commiserate.

AK105

Esteemed Member
  • Mar 7, 2021
    I am soo sure Freshfields is gonna be a PFO. I mean I did apply to the vac scheme with a 2:2 and a low 2:1 as well as BBC at A level. But I claimed mitigating circumstances, and spent ages perfecting the other parts of my application. I am slightly gutted that I haven’t even received the Watson Glaser test invite..... Freshfields was my dream firm.

PF'noooo!

Star Member
    Jan 19, 2021
    Hi all. For the Willkie VI, it says they will test my 'understanding of law firms'. Is this a general question about the structure of law firms or would this more relate to the opportunities and risks law firms face?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.