Mayer Brown Application Advice

R203

Legendary Member
  • Dec 14, 2018
    Hi Everyone!

Currently working on the Mayer Brown vac scheme application, any advice would be appreciated! :D
    I am specifically wondering, for the work experience section, would it be encouraged for us to detail the specific competencies that we developed/utilised in the work? Or should we be more subtle about them?

Thank you so much! :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi Everyone!

Currently working on the Mayer Brown vac scheme application, any advice would be appreciated! :D
    I am specifically wondering, for the work experience section, would it be encouraged for us to detail the specific competencies that we developed/utilised in the work? Or should we be more subtle about them?

Does the work experience section ask you to do so? Normally, I’d just focus on what you did within an experience and allow the recruiters to infer the competencies you developed. I’d only detail the competencies if it isn’t obvious from your answer.

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Hi Everyone!

At the Open Day, they made it clear they can infer it from the work you did and your examples etc. Don't need to explicitly state the skills.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.