Ince video interview / AC

Ei12na

Jan 1, 2020
hi guys - does anyone know anything about the ince video interview or assessment centre? Their website doesn't work for me and there isn't much out there about them so I'm a little confused on whether there will be other tests like verbal reasoning or numerical reasoning on top of the in tray exercise.

Mea

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
i did my video interview and AC with ince. the video is 5 questions and you get about 30 seconds to prepare each question. then you have to talk about each for 1 minute (so in total 5 minutes). for the AC, you have to do a drafting exercise and after that you get an in-tray exercise. here you must rank the tasks in order of priority and explain why. once you've done it, you present it to the grad rec and a partner. they will ask you questions about it. my advice would probably be to think ethical and like a lawyer. alot of it boils down to 'i would call the client first to check..' or avoiding doing something dodgy - which you obvs wouldn't and would need to flag asap

Davidsach

Standard Member
Jul 12, 2021
i did my video interview and AC with ince. the video is 5 questions and you get about 30 seconds to prepare each question. then you have to talk about each for 1 minute (so in total 5 minutes). for the AC, you have to do a drafting exercise and after that you get an in-tray exercise. here you must rank the tasks in order of priority and explain why. once you've done it, you present it to the grad rec and a partner. they will ask you questions about it. my advice would probably be to think ethical and like a lawyer. alot of it boils down to 'i would call the client first to check..' or avoiding doing something dodgy - which you obvs wouldn't and would need to flag asap
Hey may I ask what kind of questions Ince asked you ? Was it just 5 ?

james134

Jun 26, 2021
Heyy

I was wondering if you had any tips about the drafting excercise?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Heyy

These posts may help:

Mea

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
Heyy

The drafting exercise involved writing a memo for a client (a complaint). I would advise you to read through the documents quickly and highlight any dates/notable events (cause they are usually important in setting out your reply). Make sure you have at least 30 minutes to draft the document - this is what ultimately matters. Split it into sections to make it easier to read. Avoid legal jargon if it is not a letter between two lawyers. Summarise at the end and what you want. If you have done the LPC, it should be easier for you. I hadn't at the time I did mine though, so no stress. Best of luck!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.