Herbert Smith Freehills Assessment Centre

PC99

Nov 1, 2023
Hi! I'm prepping for the HSF assessment centre and am a non-law student. I've been throughly researching the firm to bulk up my answers for the interview and have a few questions.

1. I was wondering if anyone knew which clients HSF secconds to? I can't find this information online

2. The website says trainees rotate through 4 seats out of dispute resolution, corporate, finance, competition, regulation and trade, IP, employment, pensions and incentives and tax. How well do we need to know these areas for a vacscheme interview? Additionally I don't know enough about law to know which 4 I would pick

3. I also wanted to ask, does M&A activity fall under corporate? But on the website corporate lists corporate governance and funds and wealth and M&A is listed separately

4. Do I need to list examples only from the London office or can I draw from their expertise in other offices around the world, particularly as they are big on seccondments to other offices.

Thank you! Any help would be appreciated, this is my first assessment centre and I haven't studied law!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.