2019 Interview Checklist

Kelvin

Apr 14, 2019
Thanks for sharing!

The second part of Q1 is pretty mean - I'm sceptical they actually want you to answer a question because that would require a defeatist attitude about one of their international offices and, by implication, their strategic planning! Instead, I'd possibly focus on the challenges facing the firm in one particular market and how that office could adapt to those challenges (which in my opinion isn't really directly answering the question - which is why I don't particularly like the question).

Q5 sounds harsh but I think it's a good way to show i) how you really did your research before deciding to go into law, and/or ii) how you were cognisant of your weaknesses and took action to improve, showing your determination to succeed in law (and in general).

I don't like Q8 or see the point of it to be honest.

Q10 is pretty broad but a good opportunity for you to sell yourself - personal marketing is key!

Just my two cents.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.