2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLF

Valued Member
  • Mar 15, 2021
    I just finished the Fieldfisher test, and am now patiently expecting a PFO. I know I shouldn't preempt it or take it personally but it's a bit difficult when it's a test based on your personality...

I tried to be myself and also to look at their values but it's a bit tricky... Do you have any tips to do better during those tests or is it just a matter of saying that I wasn't a good fit for the firm?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I just finished the Fieldfisher test, and am now patiently expecting a PFO. I know I shouldn't preempt it or take it personally but it's a bit difficult when it's a test based on your personality...

I tried to be myself and also to look at their values but it's a bit tricky... Do you have any tips to do better during those tests or is it just a matter of saying that I wasn't a good fit for the firm?
    You don’t even know you have done badly enough yet to know whether you could do anything to be better!

Reactions: Daniel Boden and JayC

E.A

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2019
    Can someone who has previously done the Baker McKenzie video interview confirm whether their status changed to "Reviewed"? I am worried mine was never reviewed last year as it still says "finished" and I really hope that's not the case this year too... patiently waiting for the outcome!

Reactions: Jay-Lo

Gabriella7498

M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 23, 2020
    Can someone who has previously done the Baker McKenzie video interview confirm whether their status changed to "Reviewed"? I am worried mine was never reviewed last year as it still says "finished" and I really hope that's not the case this year too... patiently waiting for the outcome!
    My status is also "finished". I would try not to read too much into this though. I'm sure you have given your best and that we will hear back soon!

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    Same. Although I had to do my VI yet again today and the email they sent me today after having reviewed it but my portal still said ‘finished’, I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

Reactions: E.A and Jay-Lo
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.