Status
Not open for further replies.

LS12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Thankyou! How is the phone interview?
    I did the TI so I can give some insight,

It was a typical phone interview, they seemed really nice and generally questions were expected considering the nature of the firm.

I really wouldn't over think it. I didn't pass and I genuinely think it's because I wasn't very conversational because I was so overprepped.

kr253

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 20, 2021
    After some advice please! I'm doing the training to be a Gateway Assessor with Citizens Advice, but haven't started volunteering properly yet. I'm just finishing up a TC app and want to be able to slip in somewhere the fact that I'm doing this (particularly as I'm a career changer and all my work experience is non-law, so this is the most relevant thing I've got...) but I'm not sure whether it's appropriate and if so where to mention it. Doesn't seem right to talk about it under work experience since I'm not even doing it yet, but there isn't really another relevant section or an 'anything else to add' section.
    Any thoughts would be useful!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    After some advice please! I'm doing the training to be a Gateway Assessor with Citizens Advice, but haven't started volunteering properly yet. I'm just finishing up a TC app and want to be able to slip in somewhere the fact that I'm doing this (particularly as I'm a career changer and all my work experience is non-law, so this is the most relevant thing I've got...) but I'm not sure whether it's appropriate and if so where to mention it. Doesn't seem right to talk about it under work experience since I'm not even doing it yet, but there isn't really another relevant section or an 'anything else to add' section.
    Any thoughts would be useful!
    No extra curricular section or cover letter?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.