2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

W

Legendary Member
May 12, 2019
Yes still waiting! Its likely we won't hear back until Jan. I've only seen 1 or 2 people on here get an AC invite for the direct TC too but others have been rejected so hopefully no news is a good sign atm!
How many have you seen that’s been rejected?

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Does Freshfields mind if you edit and resubmit your application? I found a wee typo again and I have an opportunity to fix it.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Does Freshfields mind if you edit and resubmit your application? I found a wee typo again and I have an opportunity to fix it.

I think @Jessica Booker often says that most successful trainee applications actually do have one typo or two and I'm not entirely sure it would be smart to flag up a potential typo to GR.

Paaris

• Dec 18, 2020
    Sorry to hear, hope you have more luck going forward! When did you submit app/pass the SJT?

That's a whole other story. So I did the SJT on 18 December and pretty much got instant confirmation that I had passed.

Then a day later got an email that I hadn't yet done the test and that if I don't complete it before the link expires, my application would not be considered.
    After trying to contact grad rec for two days, finally speaking to someone on the phone who wasn't very helpful, then sending 3 emails, I heard back that they had recieved my test.

So I don't know!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.