2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

YJ

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jan 16, 2021
Hi I have an AC coming up and they have said the questions are technical/legal scenarios based? does anyone know what this actually means I'm confused?

A

Anon 11031

Hi I have an AC coming up and they have said the questions are technical/legal scenarios based? does anyone know what this actually means I'm confused?
Hey! I think what is meant by this is that they'll give you scenarios as though you were a trainee. So things like "your supervisor has given you work and you know you can't meet the deadline, what do you do?".

You may find this link helpful, scroll down to the scenario/ethical questions and practice with a friend/family what you might say.

Usually scenario questions are best answered with honesty, whilst keeping in mind the firm's values. Also, it can be good to substantiate your arguments with real life examples from the past.

Hope that helps!

Edit: depending on the style of questions, it's always good to give the SRA code of ethics a look too.

• Love
Reactions: asg and YJ

Abel040

Standard Member
Feb 13, 2021
Hi all, just looking for some advice. I’ve just been offered a final partner interview for a training contract and it’s my choice whether it’s virtual or in the office. I feel like I’ve done so well in virtual interviews over the last year and during this recruitment process, I’m worried that I might lose a bit of confidence if I go for an in person interview (I’m so out of practice at face to face!). But I’m also worried they might judge me for choosing the virtual option - maybe the people who come in person might come across better? Thanks

• 🏆
Reactions: Kablahc and Anon 11031

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
Hi all, just looking for some advice. I’ve just been offered a final partner interview for a training contract and it’s my choice whether it’s virtual or in the office. I feel like I’ve done so well in virtual interviews over the last year and during this recruitment process, I’m worried that I might lose a bit of confidence if I go for an in person interview (I’m so out of practice at face to face!). But I’m also worried they might judge me for choosing the virtual option - maybe the people who come in person might come across better? Thanks

Go with what you are comfortable with!

You’ll come across better when you are more comfortable. If that is virtual, then so be it. Best of luck :)

Reactions: Dheepa and Abel040

Alice94

Nov 27, 2019
Congratulations!! I agree with Holly - choose the option you are most comfortable with ☺️ Good luck! 🥳

Reactions: Abel040
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.