Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Can anyone give me some good examples of questions to ask at the end of an interview?
There aren’t good examples - there’s only good approaches.

Just have genuine questions that you want an answer to that will help you decide whether this is the right firm for you, and that you can’t get the answers from direct sources (like their website).

A

Anon 11031

So.... Do we all hate the question "why law?" or is it just me? 😂

I have been reading my application and the "why law" part is the bit I really am unhappy with. Nothing I write sounds good enough!
Honestly, I used to think this question was awful. Until I started answering it really honestly and telling the story of how I got to where I am, now I don't mind it too much!

Sometimes I think honesty and guiding your interviewer, or application reader, through your story comes across in the best way as it's authentically you ☺️

• ℹ️
Reactions: pbyrne, E.A, ZaraB and 6 others

Nat000

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
  • Feb 14, 2020
    Hi, does anyone know the response time for S&M :) ?

About a week but can be more/less.

On a separate note, I'm back on TCLA after a pretty long absence - someone close to me passed away in December and I lost motivation to do stuff for a while. I'd like to apologise to all the people who messaged me requesting interview help during that time - really sorry I didn't get round to responding.

RkRk0681

Star Member
  • Mar 16, 2021
    rpc's been really good with communications. i did the online assessment at 1 July for the direct tc and they sent an email today to assure candidates that they are still in review and gave a brief time frame to expect a decision. wish the same could be said with others:rolleyes:
    I applied to RPC way back in March and never received an online test invite! Maybe they're taking their time rejecting me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.