Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Just wondered how much firms account for running out of time during my video interview answers? I felt as though I did pretty well throughout my answers but then had to speak like eminem rap god at the end to conclude my answers...

I think I've had to pull a fair share of eminem freestyling during my own VIs hahah. Even then have ended up getting cut off at mid-sentence way too many times. I've always progressed anyway though - as long as the content that did make it into the recording is strong I don't think firms actually mind.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Just wondered how much firms account for running out of time during my video interview answers? I felt as though I did pretty well throughout my answers but then had to speak like eminem rap god at the end to conclude my answers...
    It isn’t a deal breaker. Lots of people do it.

Reactions: M777

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Can anyone give me some good examples of questions to ask at the end of an interview?
    The thread I linked below should be useful. Also I completely agree with Jess, the best questions to ask are always the ones you genuinely want to know the answer to and not the ones that you think will impress.

Reactions: Jaysen

SB1539

Star Member
    Feb 26, 2021
    The thread I linked below should be useful. Also I completely agree with Jess, the best questions to ask are always the ones you genuinely want to know the answer to and not the ones that you think will impress.

Thank you this is so helpful!

Reactions: Jaysen

RoughWood

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Feb 24, 2021

I second what has already been said as they should be genuine. In my recent AC I asked about any future plans or opportunities for the firm as they had decided to close one of their offices and promote flexible and home working, questions around how they assess trainees and what they would expect within the first 3 months or so. From my research into the interviewers I also saw some non-exec roles that were of interest so I asked about that too which lead into the csr of the firm. I also asked what drew each of the partners to their sector.

Think about what you genuinely want to know be it about the firm, training contract or even the wider aspects of the legal industry. It is a good opportunity to open a more informal discussion at the end of your interview.

Good luck!

Reactions: Anon 11031

Jooooopp7

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 25, 2019
    Hi guys, I have an AC with pinsent masons coming up soon and was wondering if anyone has gone through the process and woulc be able to shed some light on what kind of Q's to expect - im mainly worried about the in-tray exercise and SWOT analysis - any tips for these? thanks so much!

Joelybob

Standard Member
    Jun 16, 2019
    Does anyone have any advice for the Morgan Lewis telephone interview?! I'd be very very grateful - just got rejected at final round from another firm and I'm feeling very nervous! Also does anyone know if this is standard - are they doing telephone interviews with everyone?

Hey I have mine too! Think it's just competency based questions from what I got from the email. How did yours go? It seemed quite relaxed

Joelybob

Standard Member
    Jun 16, 2019
    Does anyone have any advice for the Morgan Lewis telephone interview?! I'd be very very grateful - just got rejected at final round from another firm and I'm feeling very nervous! Also does anyone know if this is standard - are they doing telephone interviews with everyone?
    From what I gather, it was very relaxed! How did it go?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.