Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Thank you everyone! Sent application on 25th Nov and completed SJT 27th Nov. Does anyone know the ratio of interview : offer for direct TC/vac scheme? Also if anyone has any tips apart from the ones that are already on TCLA, I would be super grateful!

Most firms don't have a fixed ratio. Even if they say that they take in 80% from VS this often changes depending on the quality of VS and direct TC applicants a year. While I understand how easy it is to get caught up in the numbers, I would suggest not focusing on this because if you do well in the AC you really do stand just as good a chance as anyone who did the VS with them. Congratulations again on the AC invite - amazingly well done!

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    About to send my app for Freshfields off - feeling a bit sick and read over it 300 times but sure there will be a spelling mistake somewhere. :oops:

• 🤝
    Reactions: Alice G

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    98-99% of trainees had some form of error on their application when I was there.
    I am also worried I haven't included what they are looking for and keep reading over it again and again. Worried I haven't shown I am good at critical analysis etc cause I talk too much about other things :confused:

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 20, 2020
    I am also worried I haven't included what they are looking for and keep reading over it again and again. Worried I haven't shown I am good at critical analysis etc cause I talk too much about other things :confused:

I’m sure it’ll be fine!!! Jessica will probably give much more reassurance than I can, but at the Graduate Workshop earlier this month they really stressed there isn’t a conventional way to approach the PS, and that they aren’t looking for you to tick the box of every skill!

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I’m sure it’ll be fine!!! Jessica will probably give much more reassurance than I can, but at the Graduate Workshop earlier this month they really stressed there isn’t a conventional way to approach the PS, and that they aren’t looking for you to tick the box of every skill!
    I know, they said that in my workshop too but I just hope they actually like me again! Gonna send it off!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

you wouldn’t have to demonstrate that in an application

• 🤝
    Reactions: Celestie

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    you wouldn’t have to demonstrate that in an application

Stupid question but the application asks "Have you previously applied for a role at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer? If so please give details of the role/s you applied for." Would the non-law work include this? Or does it not as it was not a 'role'?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Stupid question but the application asks "Have you previously applied for a role at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer? If so please give details of the role/s you applied for." Would the non-law work include this? Or does it not as it was not a 'role'?

If you have applied to Freshfields in any capacity (open day, vacation scheme, business services role, paralegal), declare it.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    m

hey jess, if I had been on a FF vac scheme AC before in the prev cycle, am I still able to apply for a direct TC this year? will that be held against me since I have to declare it?

I don’t know the firm’s current policy on this but I suspect it is a yes. And no, it won’t be held against you, you’ll just need to show development in your application since you last applied

Reactions: bel123456 and Alice G

bel123456

Valued Member
    Jan 24, 2020
    I don’t know the firm’s current policy on this but I suspect it is a yes. And no, it won’t be held against you, you’ll just need to show development in your application since you last applied
    thanks jess! should I explicitly state that I was rejected post-interview? or is it enough to just write that i had previously applied for a summer vac? :) thanks so much!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.