Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Another Freshfields question here - if I sent a statement last year that was sufficient to get me invited to the Watson Glaser test, would it be ok to resend that statement again this year or would it almost definitely need to be different?
You will want to update it to some extent to show your growth and development over the last year.

Reactions: Jaysen

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Another Freshfields question here - if I sent a statement last year that was sufficient to get me invited to the Watson Glaser test, would it be ok to resend that statement again this year or would it almost definitely need to be different?

Definitely update it. They’ll want to see what has changed in the last year and unless you got an interview, there is a chance they actually reviewed your app post WG too and made a decision based on that.

Reactions: Alice G and Jaysen

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks Jessica. I understand I am eligible for both but I am curious if there's any difference between the two that I might have missed, as I've never encountered firms with two recruitment windows. E.g: does it impact TC starting dates or are they completely the same.

They are recruiting for the same intake so no major issues. The criteria is just there to stop people they couldn’t get on the GDL in time for September 2021

Reactions: TChopeful2021

castrooo

Legendary Member
Sep 17, 2020
I had emailed those results separately. Did you get any reply from the grad recruitment on this?
Yes, to anyone facing the same issue, grad rec is aware of this problem in the application form and suggested inserting all grades related to your Post-16 Education in the box on the next page for your undergraduate results. :)

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 21, 2019
I am pretty sure this has been asked before, so sorry in advance (couldn't find the answer)! On the freshfields' app where have people put open days? Should they go in work experience or just mentioned in the personal statement if relevant?

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    I am pretty sure this has been asked before, so sorry in advance (couldn't find the answer)! On the freshfields' app where have people put open days? Should they go in work experience or just mentioned in the personal statement if relevant?

I am so sorry for this late reply to you but I opted to have a work experience sections for open days and events in my Freshfields application. I actually did this for every firm and I don't think it hinders an application - it is valid work experience to bring in I think.

Found an old post by Alice on this very same question! ;)

MLS

Jan 6, 2021
    Hello,

On the Freshfields application it asks when I can start the LPC. I was under the impression that Freshfields would be using SQE for 2023 applicants. Is this not correct? If so should I just state I will be taking the SQE?

It also asks which intake would I prefer to join, but I can't see what they mean by this. Isn't there just one intake in 2023? Nothing I've read elsewhere is to the contrary

Thanks,

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    Hello,

On the Freshfields application it asks when I can start the LPC. I was under the impression that Freshfields would be using SQE for 2023 applicants. Is this not correct? If so should I just state I will be taking the SQE?

It also asks which intake would I prefer to join, but I can't see what they mean by this. Isn't there just one intake in 2023? Nothing I've read elsewhere is to the contrary

Thanks,

Hi - I just mentioned when I could and would want to start the SQE.
    They have a Spring and Autumn intake every year, so its just personal preference.

PP27

Distinguished Member
    Oct 11, 2019
    actually TC applicants will be assessed 'after April', so could be event later. I had to change my app from Spring vac to direct TC so grad recruitment said that this is when it would be viewed

Reactions: JoeyTr

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 20, 2020
    actually TC applicants will be assessed 'after April', so could be event later. I had to change my app from Spring vac to direct TC so grad recruitment said that this is when it would be viewed

This is so late!!! NRF were my favourite firm going into application season but going to find out so much later than every other firm... how bizarre. Thanks for letting us know though!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.