2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    does anyone know if goodwin proctor mainly recruits from VS or if they look at direct TC apps too? They have a direct TC application option on their grad rec website but I'm not sure if it's worth it
    I've always understood that they recruit mostly from Vac Schemes- this appears to be a theme across a few of the American firms with small trainee intakes in London, I suspect, because the intakes are so small, they want a more rounded assessment to ensure the right candidates get the places.

Ed: That said, you'll never win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket, so if the application is open and you have the time to make a go of it, I would tend to suggest doing so :)

• ℹ️
    Reactions: ibs97

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    does anyone know if goodwin proctor mainly recruits from VS or if they look at direct TC apps too? They have a direct TC application option on their grad rec website but I'm not sure if it's worth it
    I'd highly highly recommend you apply for a VS as like most US firms that have a smaller intake, they won't even look at direct TC apps unless they haven't filled up their trainee intake from the VS

• ℹ️
    Reactions: ibs97, Dheepa and Jacob Miller
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.