2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teniola Adigun

Jan 8, 2021
Hi guys, was just wondering for those of you who applied to linklaters and had previously struggled to pass the WG, how did you find the new assessments and how did you improve?
I’m hoping to apply for the direct TC in the summer window and really wanna have a fighting change at getting to the AC🥺

JKs

Feb 24, 2019
Hi guys, was just wondering for those of you who applied to linklaters and had previously struggled to pass the WG, how did you find the new assessments and how did you improve?
I’m hoping to apply for the direct TC in the summer window and really wanna have a fighting change at getting to the AC🥺
Hi Teniola

For the WG test, I recommend doing as many practice tests as you can in the run up to taking the actual test. This might not be for everyone but I think what helped me improve my score was investing in a critical thinking guide (a search on Amazon will bring up quite a few) which helped me to really understand the logic and reasoning behind some of the sections of the WG I found tricky. I also found that I generally did better when I did a practice test immediately before taking the actual one as this helped to get me in right mindset.

For the CAPP, I recommend having a copy of Linklaters’ Agile Mindset Framework next to you when you take the test. Although it’s important to be genuine about your responses/choices, they are after all testing you on how well you match up to their Agile Mindset Framework so make sure you keep the attributes in mind as you work through the test. I also recommend keeping in mind Linklaters’ 5 core values as well.

Good luck!

Teniola Adigun

Jan 8, 2021
Hi Teniola

For the WG test, I recommend doing as many practice tests as you can in the run up to taking the actual test. This might not be for everyone but I think what helped me improve my score was investing in a critical thinking guide (a search on Amazon will bring up quite a few) which helped me to really understand the logic and reasoning behind some of the sections of the WG I found tricky. I also found that I generally did better when I did a practice test immediately before taking the actual one as this helped to get me in right mindset.

For the CAPP, I recommend having a copy of Linklaters’ Agile Mindset Framework next to you when you take the test. Although it’s important to be genuine about your responses/choices, they are after all testing you on how well you match up to their Agile Mindset Framework so make sure you keep the attributes in mind as you work through the test. I also recommend keeping in mind Linklaters’ 5 core values as well.

Good luck!
Thanks so much!

Msh123

Premium Member
Jul 10, 2019
Thinking of writing a direct TC app to Skadden (knowing that they filled their places from the VS last year) and Paul Hastings (but have literally never been to any events with the firm/don't know of anyone who got an offer from there/not sure how many people they're even recruiting in the current circumstances) - would this all be a huge waste of time?

(Have graduated, done a masters, have work exp, a VS, pro bono work and got committee positions - but rn got the feeling I'm running out of firms to be rejected by lol)

Reactions: northernlawstud

Msh123

Premium Member
Jul 10, 2019
Thinking of writing a direct TC app to Skadden (knowing that they filled their places from the VS last year) and Paul Hastings (but have literally never been to any events with the firm/don't know of anyone who got an offer from there/not sure how many people they're even recruiting in the current circumstances) - would this all be a huge waste of time?

(Have graduated, done a masters, have work exp, a VS, pro bono work and got committee positions - but rn got the feeling I'm running out of firms to be rejected by lol)
oh oops just realised Skadden is only recruiting via VS this year and the deadline passed anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.