Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hey,

Thanks so much for getting back to me! I really appreciate it. Would you say that in regards to each of these points you should try and find information specifically about the firm that relates? Or is that maybe taking it a step too far considering it's not easy to get hold of information regarding billing structures etc?

Thank you again! ☺️
    For billing structures, you're not really going to be able to find out what the firm already does as it'll not be publicly available. Just do some research into various AFA models. This is the same with certain added value points like secondees. Everything else should be easy enough to find more about though :)

AutopsyTurvy

Mar 5, 2021
    Just got a slightly odd email from Burges Salmon saying that they are bringing their direct TC deadline forward from June to 30th April - any ideas why a firm might do this? Is it to reduce the overall number of applications they have to sift through?

A

Anon 11031

Hopefully this doesn't seem like a stupid q. But, if you're applying for a direct TC role at a firm but they also have a paralegal job you want - could you apply for that too? Or will this look a little odd?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hopefully this doesn't seem like a stupid q. But, if you're applying for a direct TC role at a firm but they also have a paralegal job you want - could you apply for that too? Or will this look a little odd?
    If it’s a permanent paralegal job, I wouldn’t suggest applying. If it’s a contract role and it wouldn’t conflict with any GDL/LPC/SQE commitments, you could go for it.

Reactions: JoNo and Jedward87
    A

Anon 11031

If it’s a permanent paralegal job, I wouldn’t suggest applying. If it’s a contract role and it wouldn’t conflict with any GDL/LPC/SQE commitments, you could go for it.
    Thanks, Jessica. It's a permanent role in a department/sector I'm really interested in working in. The TC starts in 2023 but I suppose it would conflict with the LPC. You're right!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi Guys,

Do you know if Gibson has direct training contract applications?

@Daniel Boden could you kindly give me an insight?
    I think they do but hardly ever, if at all, recruit from that route. Everyone in my intake and the intake before was taken on from the VS so it's much better to apply through that route if you can I'd say

Reactions: S87

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    How do I answer the "Computer Skills" question? What details can we give?

Computer Skills

How do you rate your computer skills? - Select - None Poor Basic Good Very good

Please give details:
    Details would include the type of software or things like coding that you have ability in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.