2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    I feel like BM have totally forgotten about my application. I applied on the 8th Feb and they still haven’t gotten back to me - was my application that bad ?😂😂
    On the contrary, I would assume that if you haven't heard yet and applied early it means you will be sent a WG! Fingers crossed!

N.9

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    We're in similar situations here - I'm also a more 'mature' candidate and this is my third round, though don't have any TC offers as of yet.

Honestly though, I have spoken with so many associates at different firms who did TCs at firms that they weren't 100% feeling, got the best out of their training and eventually found a place at a firm they were really passionate about. I suppose if you think of the TC as a stepping stone and really show up when it matters, you will have your pick of NQ roles at firms that are more aligned with your interests.
    Hi Bea, thanks so much for your response 💙

I know you're right, but it unsettles me largely because I am really committed to one specific area of law and the firm I have the TC with don't go near it. I know beggars can't be choosers, and you never know where an unexpected path may lead, but I wanted to give myself the opportunity to explore in that specific area. I wish you the best in your future applications!

E.A

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2019
    Another day waiting for BM
    Oh No Reaction GIF by CA in LA

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    Does anyone know if BM screens apps before inviting people to complete a WGT for the direct TC? Bc I was under the impression that they do screen them, especially after reading the comments on this thread, but I just got invited to do the WG and that can't be right - I applied like on the day of the deadline or smth so surely I can't have heard back already if they are rolling????? I'm super duper confused

layk

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 16, 2019
    Does anyone know if BM screens apps before inviting people to complete a WGT for the direct TC? Bc I was under the impression that they do screen them, especially after reading the comments on this thread, but I just got invited to do the WG and that can't be right - I applied like on the day of the deadline or smth so surely I can't have heard back already if they are rolling????? I'm super duper confused
    i also applied on deadline day.I remember asking BM if it was worth even applying if it was rolling and it's nearly the deadline day and they were like yes, cos we do review on rolling basis but read through every application? So kinda feel like perhaps they start reading as they come along but still take the time to review and make decision based on that? My guess :)

• ℹ️
    Reactions: cryingoverTCs

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    i also applied on deadline day.I remember asking BM if it was worth even applying if it was rolling and it's nearly the deadline day and they were like yes, cos we do review on rolling basis but read through every application? So kinda feel like perhaps they start reading as they come along but still take the time to review and make decision based on that? My guess :)
    right ok - thank you! that's very helpful! but do they screen apps before inviting people to take the WG? Or does everyone get asked to do the WG?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.