SS1

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Nov 5, 2020
Hope this helps!
Hi Dheepa - thank you so much that does help a lot!
Would you be able to share what you remember of the commercial question? - if you don't mind - is just to get a very rough idea of what the type f question might look like - I know that it will not be the same question for everyone.

😊 S

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi Dheepa - thank you so much that does help a lot!
    Would you be able to share what you remember of the commercial question? - if you don't mind - is just to get a very rough idea of what the type f question might look like - I know that it will not be the same question for everyone.

😊 S

Hi, I did the VI about more than a year ago now and I wish I did remember question specifics but I really don’t unfortunately. I’m sorry!
    This is very helpful! Does this mean no firm-specific question?

I didn’t get a firm specific question but as I said in the original post, the questions change drastically from person to person. I know people who did get firm specific questions, like why Bakers. So I’d just be prepared for those too.

Reactions: JayC and SS1

RB

Star Member
    Jun 7, 2020
    Hi! For anyone that has completed Baker McKenzie’s video interview, could you share how many seconds we have to answer a question and how much prep time we get?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: sl399

RobH

Feb 18, 2021
    Slightly generic question, and it may vary from firm to firm, but is it likely that the person reviewing a VI has also seen your initial application? Should you avoid using the same examples even if they are the best fit from your experience? Thanks in advance!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Slightly generic question, and it may vary from firm to firm, but is it likely that the person reviewing a VI has also seen your initial application? Should you avoid using the same examples even if they are the best fit from your experience? Thanks in advance!
    Possibly - but at the same time it’s quite possible that it isn’t. It might not be an issue either way though, as our audience could easily have your application in front of them. For many organisations though they will just watch the video interview without the application in front of them.

It is unlikely a set of application questions would match a video interview questions though, so I would ensure your examples fit the question more than worrying about whether they are repeated in an application.

Reactions: RobH

Vikash2210

Jan 29, 2021
    Hello everyone - on BCLP's application form it says what sectors/departments would you like exposure to during your TC with a 500 word limit.

Does anyone have any guidance on how many sectors/departments to write about or should I mention anything in particular because of the firm's real estate focus?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

jw97

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2020
    I wonder if anyone would have any input as to when it may be acceptable to drop a company an email asking whether I have been successful post app or not? For context I applied a few days before the deadline on 30th April and they stated that the next round would be w/c May 10th. They never stated whether they would get back to everyone or not.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hello everyone - on BCLP's application form it says what sectors/departments would you like exposure to during your TC with a 500 word limit.

Does anyone have any guidance on how many sectors/departments to write about or should I mention anything in particular because of the firm's real estate focus?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Choose however many you are truly interested in. I have seen people only pick two, I have seen people pick many more than that.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I wonder if anyone would have any input as to when it may be acceptable to drop a company an email asking whether I have been successful post app or not? For context I applied a few days before the deadline on 30th April and they stated that the next round would be w/c May 10th. They never stated whether they would get back to everyone or not.
    Wednesday/Thursday next week.

Reactions: jw97

N.9

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    Hi there, has anyone tackled the 'Please give details of any qualifications or skills that may be relevant to your application' in the Rosenblatt application, please?

I'm unsure as to what exactly this is asking, considering the application is sufficiently thorough. Any insight would be appreciated :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.