2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJM.UC

Star Member
  • Feb 1, 2020
    Hi ya, may I ask how is the interview? Happy to trade tips. (I have interviewed with Bristows and Mayer Brown)
    Hi!! :) I've replied to your message bu for everyone else, here is my advice:

You'll be meeting with HR & a Partner and the interview is formatted like this:
    - Motivational questions for Withers
    - Strengths Based Questions
    - Scenario Questions

I would also say have a very good understanding of Private Client work as well!!
    Oh! And something that caught me by surprise was that they put in a very generic scenario in the zoom chat box and asked me to run it through and say which legal departments at withers they could get help from. It was a very short scenario, maybe 3 to 4 sentences and very very basic.

They said that the interview would be 1 hour but it took about 40 minutes (including questions at the end). I'm not sure whether that is a bad thing but they're very efficient!!

Reactions: KSI

JayC

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 8, 2021
    When Gibson Dunn says it takes 90% from its VS, what does that mean - given that its trainee intake is 6 people? Like would they only recruit direct TC if they have a really shabby VS cohort?

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    They are very fast in my experience and yes they are rolling! I got a TC offer with them this cycle from the VS interview so happy to help with any qs!
    That’s amazing, Kablahc!! Congratulations 🎉🍾 Would you suggest applying to their vacation scheme or direct TC? Would be great if you could share your experience with me too 🙂

• Love
    Reactions: Kablahc

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    That’s amazing, Kablahc!! Congratulations 🎉🍾 Would you suggest applying to their vacation scheme or direct TC? Would be great if you could share your experience with me too 🙂
    I applied for Dentons direct TC in February and still have not heard back so am assuming they non-rolling for direct TC but I have heard they recruit a lot from direct TC. I hope that helps.

Reactions: Sonia_Kawaii

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    If you're applying to MK you should apply for the VS because they take very few of their intake from there for direct TC. If you're more interested in London they take more from the direct route for that office!

• Love
    Reactions: Sonia_Kawaii

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    How many candidates does dentons roughly take for their VS?
    It really varies because GR always has the capacity to be flexible. They do 2 VSs for London and recruit 24 trainees per year for that office so I would think not too much more than 20 on each scheme, this is just me guessing though. For MK the cohort is a lot smaller.

Reactions: Tushar
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.