2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anon 11031

I did my tests on 20thh April ish time and don't want to email them as emailing them will not be a good thing you know what I mean. Also congratulations on your AC that is really great.
Thank you, I really appreciate it!

If you did the tests on April 20th I don't think it would work against you to ask them when they intend on updating candidates. You're only asking for them to explain what your expectations should be ☺️

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Thank you, I really appreciate it!

If you did the tests on April 20th I don't think it would work against you to ask them when they intend on updating candidates. You're only asking for them to explain what your expectations should be ☺️
    Your welcome.

I was saying that from experience when I have emailed law firms about application updates I have always received a rejection from those firms and I think someone in this forum said that it is it not good to email about your application update.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Anon 11031

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Your welcome.

I was saying that from experience when I have emailed law firms about application updates I have always received a rejection from those firms and I think someone in this forum said that it is it not good to email about your application update.
    I don't think it's necessarily as binary as that: the only times when I think firms may count it against a candidate is when it's nagging/ badgering/ asking before dates and deadlines they've given you/ asking when you could have found out some other way. In this instance, I don't think reaching out is unreasonable.

In any case I also think it's highly highly unlikely that simply asking for an update would be the difference between an invite and a rejection.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I don't think it's necessarily as binary as that: the only times when I think firms may count it against a candidate is when it's nagging/ badgering/ asking before dates and deadlines they've given you/ asking when you could have found out some other way. In this instance, I don't think reaching out is unreasonable.

In any case I also think it's highly highly unlikely that simply asking for an update would be the difference between an invite and a rejection.
    Thank you very much for this and I agree with your first point yes they are rolling basis so there is no harm in emailing I guess.

I guess you are right that if you email them then there is no guarantee of a rejection.

A

Anon 11031

I agree with this too. I doubt it would take you from the 'yes' pile to the 'no'. Unless you were being extremely unreasonable or rude about it!

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Not me crying after receiving a rejection. I feel like I'm just not confident enough to get through the TC app process. It sucks.
    When one door closes, another one opens :)

You smashing that telephone interview today and getting that Fieldfisher AC literally on the spot is proof of how great of a candidate you are!

I am so happy that you did not let last week's rejection get to you! Super proud of you! Now go get that TC! 🥳🥳 ❤️❤️

• 🏆
    • Love
    Reactions: djqb and Anon 11031
    A

Anon 11031

When one door closes, another one opens :)

You smashing that telephone interview today and getting that Fieldfisher AC literally on the spot is proof of how great of a candidate you are!

I am so happy that you did not let last week's rejection get to you! Super proud of you! Now go get that TC! 🥳🥳 ❤️❤️
    Thank you so much, Nadine. ❤️❤️❤️

I'm feeling a lot more confident and I'm genuinely quite excited/nervous for the AC. I keep telling myself if I've gotten this far once, I must be a worthy candidate. You are so kind and thoughtful, I hope someone sees how worthy you are! 💫

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Thank you so much, Nadine. ❤️❤️❤️

I'm feeling a lot more confident and I'm genuinely quite excited/nervous for the AC. I keep telling myself if I've gotten this far once, I must be a worthy candidate. You are so kind and thoughtful, I hope someone sees how worthy you are! 💫
    You're welcome!

I always notice your posts on the forum and they're always so bubbly, positive and lovely to read. Yes, you are definitely worthy and the firm already knows that. And thank you for your kind words 😊 I do genuinely try to spread happiness and encourage people as much as I can. I am also praying that a firm sees something good me in me haha

Also, is your Fieldfisher AC for the the VS or direct TC? I started an application but didn't finish it because I got so busy. I'm just wondering if it's even worth completing and sending it off now 🤣

A

Anon 11031

You're welcome!

I always notice your posts on the forum and they're always so bubbly, positive and lovely to read. Yes, you are definitely worthy and the firm already knows that. And thank you for your kind words 😊 I do genuinely try to spread happiness and encourage people as much as I can. I am also praying that a firm sees something good me in me haha

Also, is your Fieldfisher AC for the the VS or direct TC? I started an application but didn't finish it because I got so busy. I'm just wondering if it's even worth completing and sending it off now 🤣
    Thank you, I try to help people where I can. I love seeing so many people on here succeed. ☺️

It's for their direct TC. They're rolling but they have some ACs in July too, so I don't think it's silly to submit an application! They get back to you pretty quick too. If you need and help or tips, feel free to DM me as always! 💫❤️

• Love
    Reactions: Sonia_Kawaii

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    That’s really nice of you! I feel the same way 💕

Oh I see, I didn’t know that they’re running ACs in July too! Guess it won’t hurt to finish my app then cause I quite liked them when I met them 😂 Yes, I’ll drop you a message. Thank you x

• Love
    Reactions: Anon 11031

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    Thank you, I try to help people where I can. I love seeing so many people on here succeed. ☺️

It's for their direct TC. They're rolling but they have some ACs in July too, so I don't think it's silly to submit an application! They get back to you pretty quick too. If you need and help or tips, feel free to DM me as always! 💫❤️
    Hi, if you don’t mind me asking, when did you hear back from Fieldfisher after them emailing you regarding your online tests being submitted but how it may take up to 14 working days instead of 7?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I know this may sound like a dumb question, but my AC says you must have your camera on at all times.

Does that include for the written task and things? So bizarre, I'm used to turning my camera off at work when I actually am concentrating 😅
    Yes - definitely will include written tasks and preparation time. It wouldn’t be uncommon/unusual for you to be supervised in an office environment during prep time and so they are just replicating that process. It’s no different to university exams/assessments where many students have to be on camera all the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.