Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Do Latham aim to recruit most trainees from their VS? Some have said as far as US firms go, they recruit more than others from direct TC apps too but not sure how true that is...? Thanks
    Pretty true for US firms. Because intakes are small there’s more emphasis placed on recruiting from people who know the firm better through the VS. At most I think only one or two places are given to direct TC applicants and this is only if the firm has people from the VS who turn their offers down

Reactions: Eliana

Eliana

Star Member
    Apr 11, 2021
    Pretty true for US firms. Because intakes are small there’s more emphasis placed on recruiting from people who know the firm better through the VS. At most I think only one or two places are given to direct TC applicants and this is only if the firm has people from the VS who turn their offers down
    Nope! Not necessary although I’d imagine you can if you want to
    Thank you Dheepa!

Reactions: Dheepa

A M

Distinguished Member
    Dec 28, 2020
    Did anyone hear back from Pinsent Masons yet?

On a separate note, I applied to Ashurst and still haven't gotten the test. Is it worth an email to grad rec or would I turn them the wrong way by emailing them?
    I am in the same situation as you. When did you submit the application? Has 7 days passed from your submission date since they mention it that we will get the test link within 7 days.

YJyj

Dec 29, 2020
    Hi guys, I need help with an urgent query. Its my last day to complete the Ashurst online tests, but I can't find them anywhere! When I follow the links in the email, it takes me back to my CVmail page but the tests aren't there.

Does anybody know where to find Ashursts tests on the CVmail page?

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Hi guys, I need help with an urgent query. Its my last day to complete the Ashurst online tests, but I can't find them anywhere! When I follow the links in the email, it takes me back to my CVmail page but the tests aren't there.

Normally the links are sent to you in your email and they should direct you to the website. I would email grad rec about this and say that the links don’t work. Don’t say that you left it last minute though 😂

Glayson Tavares-Costa

M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 8, 2021

I am having the same issue - have you emailed graduate recruitment yet, and did you receive a reply?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.