2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawstudent12345

Distinguished Member
Feb 16, 2021
Hi, not sure if this is a silly question but do WG scores only affect whether you get invited for AC? As in, if you meet the threshold score (and your application is good enough) and you get invited to the AC, will the WG score have any further impact on your application? I'm wondering if I should invest more time in WG prep - I know I usually meet the threshold scores but I'm not sure if getting an impressively high score will benefit my applications.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, not sure if this is a silly question but do WG scores only affect whether you get invited for AC? As in, if you meet the threshold score (and your application is good enough) and you get invited to the AC, will the WG score have any further impact on your application? I'm wondering if I should invest more time in WG prep - I know I usually meet the threshold scores but I'm not sure if getting an impressively high score will benefit my applications.
Unlikely to influence later stages of the recruitment process directly.

However, I have known psychometric assessments be used to verify specific competencies that were either difficult to assess or potentially had a question regarding ability in that area. For instance, if there is a slight question over a written exercise, a firm could look at something like a WG test result to see if they can see strengths (or weaknesses) in that too to help make a decision.

I don’t think it will be worthwhile heavily investing time to try and perfect your ability in these tests though, especially if you are already doing well in them.

Reactions: lawstudent12345

lawstudent12345

Distinguished Member
Feb 16, 2021
Unlikely to influence later stages of the recruitment process directly.

However, I have known psychometric assessments be used to verify specific competencies that were either difficult to assess or potentially had a question regarding ability in that area. For instance, if there is a slight question over a written exercise, a firm could look at something like a WG test result to see if they can see strengths (or weaknesses) in that too to help make a decision.

I don’t think it will be worthwhile heavily investing time to try and perfect your ability in these tests though, especially if you are already doing well in them.
Thank you! Glad to know I can invest time in doing other more productive things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.