2020-21 Open Days and Insight Events Applications Discussion

lozza_2

Distinguished Member
Nov 25, 2019
Has anyone applied for the W&C open day with yesterday (11th) as their first preference but not heard back yet? Wondering if my application is still in the hat for the 25th or I should consider it rejected.

Do W&C send rejections?

I applied for that open day (11th) and emailed grad recruitment on the evening of the 10th inquiring about an outcome and they said my application was being considered for the second open day (25th) and should hear back with an outcome by 20th November

Reactions: JJP

Manifesting

Esteemed Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 11, 2020
Nice Friday evening open day rejection for Bakers Women’s open day. Even though it’s an open day I feel a bit down about it if I’m honest, got to VI last year and felt I could benefit from the open day to try and get to AC this year. Was pleased with my answers so don’t know what I could have done

I'm so sorry to hear that! Bakers recruits on a rolling basis for their open days, so it is possible that could have played a role in your rejection if you applied closer to the deadline. Also, remember that this year open days seem to be more competitive and that getting rejected for an open day does not preclude you from applying successfully for another one of their programmes. In the meantime, if you are keen on Bakers, try to see if a member on here is going to one of the open days and ask if they are willing to share some of your notes with you. Try to also find other ways to meet the firm (e.g. law fairs) as a way to show your interest and gain additional insights.

• 🤝
Reactions: bethbristol

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.