2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Does anyone know how to view your applications on cv mail? I seem to have every application saved on my computer except the one I need the most
    Cv mail flashes in red writing to make sure you save the app before you press send so I’m not sure you can view it later

RyanM1

Star Member
    Jan 4, 2021
    Does anyone know how Bird & Bird use the WG? As in do they have a benchmark or does everyone also get a VI?

I don’t think everyone gets a VI to be honest. I completed my WG before Christmas and haven’t heard anything but some people after heard back completing it later! When did you complete it and was it for summer?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Its my understand that they do have a benchmark and the percentile benchmark is a lot higher than other firms

How percentiles are calculated are not consistent within firms.

One firm could be comparing you to 5 year olds. The next firm could be comparing you to Partners in law firms. That would mean a low score in the latter firm is actually a stronger ability than the score in the previous firm.

I will stress time and time again, try not to think that just because one benchmark is X in one firm that it means it is more difficult than a benchmark in another firm.

syw

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    For the Addleshaw Goddard application, can someone who has done it please confirm that there is no option to enter in degree module breakdown scores? I can't seem to find it besides entering my final degree rank.

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    For the Addleshaw Goddard application, can someone who has done it please confirm that there is no option to enter in degree module breakdown scores? I can't seem to find it besides entering my final degree rank.
    There isn’t. Unless there is and I couldn’t find it lol. No but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone who has put their module breakdowns in, AG is taking a new approach to academics and not putting as much emphasis on grades

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Andrew M, syw and Eliza9999

Lawyer101

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 30, 2020

Does anybody know what the next stage is if we pass the AG application form?

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Last year they 100% had a benchmark.
    They WHAT
    EKete-YWwAMGhBo.jpg

Eliza9999

Jun 27, 2019
    Is the deadline for Addleshaw Goddard tomorrow at midnight or tonight?

I think midnight tonight!

A general rule I have for myself when completing applications is to assume the earlier deadline, for example, Addleshaw Goddard's is 5th Jan 2020, but I would always assume it's midnight 4th Jan 2020. I think it's best to send an application earlier to avoid disappointment especially if you've spent all your time writing it to have missed the deadline by hours.

Reactions: OB and NadineBusty
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.