2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSinger

Esteemed Member
  • Dec 21, 2019
    Truly gutted after BCLP rejection for summer VS. Was told my application had many grammatical errors when I had submitted it through Grammarly a billion times, sent it out to friends and family to double check to spot any errors, read it over and over agin till I memorised every word, full stop, comma and colon. This was the firm which invited me to an open day in year 12 and behaved as a catalyst to me pursuing a career in commercial law.

However, after an hour of sobbing I have managed to pull myself together and once again pray for better news. I hope that anyone who reads this message does receive good news and positive vibes.....

So sorry to hear this! Keep pushing yourself and I am sure you will get your TC soon.
    When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

JoeF

Star Member
    Dec 23, 2020
    Hi all, I appreciate this isn't really a very common theme on here but I was just wondering whether some law firms are willing to offer visa sponsorship for international students? I know quite a few offer sponsorship for TCs but I'm not exactly sure how this works for Vacation schemes so would really appreciate some insight.

LegalUser

Standard Member
  • Dec 8, 2020
    Hey,
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I haven't been able to find it elsewhere, does anyone have any advice for Dechert's Video Interview or been through it before? I'm not clear of the format and general advice would be a big help! :(:eek:

LegalUser

Standard Member
  • Dec 8, 2020
    Anyone heard back from Dechert after doing the video interview? Or know what their turnaround is? Applied in October, completed their VI on 5 December.
    I have still to do the VI - I wondered if you might be able to explain the format? I'm not clear on the amount of questions they ask and how long we have?

Any general advice? I completely understand there are limitations here. Good Luck with you application! :)

kls

Distinguished Member
    Jan 11, 2021
    Congratulations Ricky! I also just got invited to an AC at Macfarlanes. If anyone has any advice on preparing for the Macfarlanes AC I would really appreciate it if you could send me a message.

Invite to assessment centre at Macfarlanes!! :D Yay!!!

I applied on 9 November 2020.

Congrats to you guys!! So did I! if anyone has any advice I would also really appreciate it!

Tariq Kioumji

Dec 27, 2020
    Hi all, I appreciate this isn't really a very common theme on here but I was just wondering whether some law firms are willing to offer visa sponsorship for international students? I know quite a few offer sponsorship for TCs but I'm not exactly sure how this works for Vacation schemes so would really appreciate some insight.

Hey, I'm not too sure how it works, but I think for the vac schemes firms will use a tier 5 visa rather than a tier 2 visa.

angel3oo

Jan 11, 2021
    Truly gutted after BCLP rejection for summer VS. Was told my application had many grammatical errors when I had submitted it through Grammarly a billion times, sent it out to friends and family to double check to spot any errors, read it over and over agin till I memorised every word, full stop, comma and colon. This was the firm which invited me to an open day in year 12 and behaved as a catalyst to me pursuing a career in commercial law.

However, after an hour of sobbing I have managed to pull myself together and once again pray for better news. I hope that anyone who reads this message does receive good news and positive vibes.....
    Their loss! All that means is better opportunities are coming for you, stay strong.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Legally brown and OB

KB2020

Future Trainee
    Aug 4, 2020
    I don't think many firms offer visas for vac schemes, however most of the vac schemes are happening virtually this year so if there was ever a time to apply it would now. Good luck.

Reactions: Adrian_Healey
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.