2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MzM

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2019
Rejected for Bakers post VI(honestly expected it lol) but

Telephone interview for Skadden! Applied on the 26th of Dec. Wasn't expecting it at all, so I'm chuffed :D .

I've never had any interactions with Skadden since they're one of the few US firms to not attend our uni events, so I'd appreciate it if anyone has any tips for the firm, and if they have any notes or previous experiences :D

Bit of a rogue one, but what is the first letter of your surname? Trying to prove or break the theory that they are reviewing in alphabetical order!

Emily K

Valued Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Dec 29, 2018
Im sorry to hear this, I think I saw someone post that if you email grad recruitment they will let you know your mark (however, when I was rejected I didn’t ask!) Best of luck with the rest of your applications.

Sorry to hear that! I am still waiting to hear back from them too. I applied to HL once before and I got rejected straight away as I didn't pass the WG. This time, I passed the WG I believe (I asked for my percentile) and I believe they review your application only if you pass it so I'm not sure whether the decision is based only on the application or both application and WG?

I think you can ask straight out! When they rejected me, I asked for my WG report, and when they sent it through they also told me that based on the percentile I had passed it but had been rejected based on the application form

Thank you everyone! This is really useful, I'll email them and ask for my WG report, it'd be really helpful to know if I passed it so I at least know how to improve! Best of luck for your applications :)

JoeyTr

Valued Member
  • Jan 4, 2021
    Rejected for Bakers post VI(honestly expected it lol) but

Telephone interview for Skadden! Applied on the 26th of Dec. Wasn't expecting it at all, so I'm chuffed :D .

I've never had any interactions with Skadden since they're one of the few US firms to not attend our uni events, so I'd appreciate it if anyone has any tips for the firm, and if they have any notes or previous experiences :D
    Congrats dosblancos! did you just hear back?

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Anyone still waiting on NRF post telephone interview
    Me - I'm starting to think you hear back depending on who interviewed you. I know the woman who conducted my interview told me she was interviewing this week too and to anticipate a response nearer the end of the week. This wasn't what was said to others who were told last week was the last week of interviews. so I do think its interviewer dependant

sabma

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 22, 2018
    I'm starting to think there is no logic to when grad rec reply to you! Haha :D
    Honestly! It’s nice to engage in these theories because it gives a timeline which is comforting when you literally have no info. Because the waiting around is AWFUL. But at the end of the day, it doesn’t mean much. Grad rec will get to you when they get to you. Wish we had more of a timeline tho.

LegalLordLox

Legendary Member
    Jan 3, 2021
    Hi everyone:) so this is more for future purposes (hopefully I won’t need it ) but how many law firms is normal to apply for?
    I’ve only applied to 5 and while they’re all firms I’d like to work at/I’ve researched them reasonably well, is it too few?
    I’m an open university student so we don’t get much info like this- so any insight would be much appreciated! :)

Hi I am also an open uni student! Are you studying full time?

I think it’s very important to Taylor your applications and show that you are invested in the firm - whether that means attending open days or being an ambassador for example.

just try to focus on what works for
    You with your time commitments! Remember to keep an eye on deadlines!

If you haven’t already download the legal check app!

Adrian_Healey

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 14
  • Oct 18, 2020
    There is often logic, it just is hard to interpret what it is without knowing the nuts and bolts.

Is there any reassuring reason for those of us who applied earlier than those who have invites but didn’t get any reply?

Really wanted Skadden, thought I stood a good chance having done their open day, networked with their staff, and attending one of few uni they actually visit :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.