2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeF

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
Hi all,

Was just wondering if people have been applying to Ropes & Gray? Applied a while ago and still haven't heard anything! Also, their application format is very different, i.e. they don't even ask for work experience, just one commercial question

Reactions: John Travoni

tk166

Esteemed Member
Jul 17, 2020
Hi all,

Was just wondering if people have been applying to Ropes & Gray? Applied a while ago and still haven't heard anything! Also, their application format is very different, i.e. they don't even ask for work experience, just one commercial question
I thought they were non rolling? their ACs are in march even for spring so I reckon they’ll take their time

• ℹ️
Reactions: Daniel Boden and Adrian_Healey

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
I applied just before Christmas for the vacation scheme and still haven’t heard anything but I’ve seen on here and LinkedIn etc that people have had ACs already. I’m aware the firm recruits on rolling basis but it doesn’t even look like I will know before the deadline when I applied well in advance.

Last year, I applied to Macs very early, and got the AC. My friend applied a week before the deadline, and got the AC(and subsequently the VS!), so don't worry- you have as much as a chance as the rest who applied imo :)

Law1099

Valued Member
Jan 18, 2021
I applied just before Christmas for the vacation scheme and still haven’t heard anything but I’ve seen on here and LinkedIn etc that people have had ACs already. I’m aware the firm recruits on rolling basis but it doesn’t even look like I will know before the deadline when I applied well in advance.
I applied 2 days before the deadline last year and got an AC and I can guarantee you did a better application than mine one last cycle! They do ACs until end of Feb I think so plenty of time

John Travoni

Legendary Member
Jan 14, 2021
Hi all,

They’re not rolling basis so it’s likely that you’ll hear back from them after applications have closed

Lily721

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    I applied 2 days before the deadline last year and got an AC and I can guarantee you did a better application than mine one last cycle! They do ACs until end of Feb I think so plenty of time
    So for them, is just an application and then if they are impressed they invite you to AC, or is there other stages? The website is not very clear on the process.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.