2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerC14

Valued Member
Jan 26, 2020
You honestly never know! I have definitely had interviews where i thought they went better than they had and those I thought I had messed up but thankfully hadn't. Sometimes the things we labour over in our minds will barely have registered with the interviewers so try not to worry and cause yourself any unnecessary tension. Regardless of the outcome, all interviews are a great learning experience as well.
Thank you I definitely needed this!

• 🤝
Reactions: Alice G

Law1099

Valued Member
Jan 18, 2021
To the people that received the email from Reed Smith saying that they need to send their research questions despite already sending them a month ago, did you just forward them again? I’m worried my email is going into their junk and they’re not recognising them. I don’t know whether to call them

Reactions: Kola

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    To the people that received the email from Reed Smith saying that they need to send their research questions despite already sending them a month ago, did you just forward them again? I’m worried my email is going into their junk and they’re not recognising them. I don’t know whether to call them
    I've re-sent mine and copied in Graduate Recruitment - if I don't receive an acknowledgement I think I'll call them tomorrow.

l0133

Star Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 14, 2020
    Hi all,
    For the Ashurst cover letter, I was wondering whether it is required to discuss ‘why Ashurst’, as there is another question similarly addressing this?
    Thank you in advance for any advice!

layk

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 16, 2019
    I received an email from Jones Day saying they liked my profile but have filled all spaces now but they encourage me to re-apply and mention this email next cycle. Is this an automated email for later applicants or did they read it and genuinely like it?
    I got an ouright PFO so think you shud reapply earlier next cycle :)

Reactions: Lauren2001

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    I received an email from Jones Day saying they liked my profile but have filled all spaces now but they encourage me to re-apply and mention this email next cycle. Is this an automated email for later applicants or did they read it and genuinely like it?
    So sorry to hear this but I've previously been rejected by them and definitely did not get that email! also, do you think they mean filled spaces for the scheme or ACs as I've yet to do my ac!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.