2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Seeing as so many mayer brown ac’s have been given out (congrats all!!) and I've yet to do my test, is there any point??
Yes. They do ACs all the way through to March.

If it's any consolation I did my TI in late december and haven't heard back at all (spring vac scheme), so they're likely working through applications at all stages!

NA1998

Dec 16, 2020
Just received a rejection from Bird & Bird after completing the VI on the 4th of January. This one is a hard rejection to accept as I really practiced and thought I had performed quite well. I'm very happy with how much more successful I have been during this application cycle (I have completed tests for 8 apps and VIs for 3 which for me is much better than last year) but I'm still finding it really stressful and disheartening to be going through the cycle as a graduate and I'm not really sure how else to improve my performance for future video interviews. Does anyone have any tips beyond the generic ones ie. practice recording yourself, lighting, blank background.....? Anything would be truly hugely appreciated!

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020

If it's any consolation I did my TI in late december and haven't heard back at all (spring vac scheme), so they're likely working through applications at all stages!
    Can't tell if I'm being stupid... but was there even an option on the MB form to select Spring or Summer? I've looked on apply4law and can't see that I did if there was an option o_O

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    Can't tell if I'm being stupid... but was there even an option on the MB form to select Spring or Summer? I've looked on apply4law and can't see that I did if there was an option o_O
    Can't actually remember as I applied in November (I think)! In that case there probably wasn't

Reactions: Haz

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    Not to sound like a broken record, but has anyone done Dechert vac scheme AC (either in this cycle or previous cycles) and remember how long they took to get back?

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019

that's so comforting to hear, thank you!

Reactions: M777
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.