2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FM302989

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    Probably! I wouldn't worry too much. A rejection is only a rejection when it actually is a rejection! 😊 I try to remind myself of this every day as I still am waiting to hear back from several firms. Try not to overthink it as this process is stressful enough!
    It’s funny tho bc I thought it was rolling but the only person who has said they have an interview applied on the deadline.

Hahaha too true!

Yeah I'm waiting to hear back from 9 firms (some of those have given a later-date when they'll start reviewing). I've done these 9 applications around working full-time so this hasn't been a healthy application period

Reactions: packhorse

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hi everyone,

I just got invited to do the Video Interview for Baker McKenzie this morning!
    I was wondering 2 things for anyone who has done it:

1. They had a lot of questions on their application so I already put down a lot of my competency examples. Is it okay if I repeat some of them in the VI, or will they be cross-referencing and will look down on that as me not having enough examples?
    2. How many seconds do we have to prepare and then answer the questions?

Thanks a lot for the help! :)
    Yes, as a general point, don't worry about repeating your examples from your app in your video interview at all - it's not a problem but obviously, feel free to add more depth/greater detail if the time allows!

CSmith

Jan 15, 2021
    i didn't do very well in my second year bc of mitigating circumstances but i've done quite well in my mocks this yr which suggest i'll get a higher grade for my final year. is it worth telling grad rec that as supplementary information or will they be unlikely to care bc its just a mock?

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    "Tell us about yourself"
    Lonely Season 3 GIF by Friends

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    for anyone who was interviewed at Weil early last week, do you know when we can expect to hear back?
    Nope. Not heard anything. Although some people have received an email saying you will hear soon.

I believe they send out decisions at once, after they've finished interviewing everybody
    Ah. Perhaps then! I wonder how many more interviews they are doing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.