2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Is anyone else still waiting post app for BCLP? I applied in late November. I really don’t get it! I’ve seen people who applied a few days before the deadline of 31st Jan to be given interviews and then got VS offers. Have they not read my application yet? Am I in the hold pile? I don’t understand
    I am still waiting - kinda? I got invited to their open day next week and spoke to grad rec who said they are still reviewing applications. Will let you know what they say on the day :)

Lily721

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    Maybe I am missing something but I feel like it's not that hard from a firm's perspective to send out a mass email to candidates who have been waiting over the wait period specified on their website i.e the way Osborne Clarke did it where they sent an email that it will be two more weeks of a wait for a response. It definitely stands out to me when a firm sends an update that it respects candidates time.

I completely agree. I get that things are hardened by the pandemic and there are more applications this cycle, but an update once in a while can do wonders for candidates' mentality while waiting.

I also think that there is a failure when it comes to rejected candidates, as they seem to be waiting much longer or be "ghosted". After all, most of these candidates spend days and put a lot of effort in those applications.

Reactions: ibs97 and ZaraB

Law2022

Legendary Member
    May 3, 2020
    When it comes to the ' what are your main spare time interests/activities' question, do you simply just state what your interests are and elaborate or do you need to link it to the firm?

AT

Standard Member
    Jan 29, 2021
    Debevoise AC!
    when you apply to Debevoise 4 days ago but still get an invite :rolleyes::D

Is everyone who applied just being invited to open days then ?
    Debevoise AC!!
    Debevoise AC/Open Day :)

They have 3 dates line up and are expecting 30 people to attend each one so I imagine they've invited 100ish people.

Congratulations all and same here! Now to choose which date...

xht

Distinguished Member
    Feb 17, 2021
    I applied on the 2nd. Idk I hate being pessimistic but it’s never a good sign when everyone gets ACs at once and you don’t. I suppose all we can do is wait
    yeah that's why i'm getting worried but on the other hand they are probably not sending all 100 invites out at once like realistically

I had a successful application form which only had a 50 word limit on each work experience. I did it using bullet points rather than a prose, with 2-3 basic bullet points about the tasks I did, and 1-2 bullet points on the skills I learnt. Hope this helps!
    Thank you so much! You said basic task, for example, if I am a cashier and my task is to communicate with the customers, what they want to buy, processing payments etc, but for skills what can I write? Is not obvious that I have customer skills? Or I can still mention it? Sorry If it does not make sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.