2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hey folks,

For the NRF AC, have any of the stages (partner interview, negotiation, case study) been changed due to being online?

Specifically, the case study? Does it include a written element, so do we have to draft/write something or do we have a look at the case study and discuss with a partner/associate without writing/drafting?

Would appreciate an insight (anyone who done the winter vac scheme maybe since it was virtual)

Successfully did a (virtual)NRF AC, the case study is delivered verbally! It was one of the easier case sudies(imo), found it fun, so good luck :)

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    If a firm has given me dates but I have a vac scheme on all those dates .. do you think they’d mind giving me another date outside those dates ? Or they’re more likely to say no.. I don’t want to have to drop out :(
    I would defo explain - I am in your shoes as I have an internship in the summer and couldn't do a date a firm was offering and needed a spring one. @Jessica Booker recommended I called the firm - which I defo think is the best choice. I am sure you will find a resolution - :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    If a firm has given me dates but I have a vac scheme on all those dates .. do you think they’d mind giving me another date outside those dates ? Or they’re more likely to say no.. I don’t want to have to drop out :(
    They may not be able to fit you in on another date but you have to at least ask them what flexibility they have before you decline their offer or renege on the one you have already accepted.

If they can’t offer you alternative dates, you could ask the other firm if they can offer you an alternative date instead.

In these situations always call the firm rather than email though!

Pallatablelawyer

Legendary Member
    Jun 12, 2019
    They may not be able to fit you in on another date but you have to at least ask them what flexibility they have before you decline their offer or renege on the one you have already accepted.

If they can’t offer you alternative dates, you could ask the other firm if they can offer you an alternative date instead.

In these situations always call the firm rather than email though!
    Thank you! I really appreciate this!

Kola

Legendary Member
    Sep 27, 2020
    Guys, I just received a call from BPP University. They asked me to be an ambassador for them, enquiring why I chose not to study the LPC with them (applied for January start).

I told them this was due to cost and they said if I agree to become an ambassador for them (1-2 hours per month) - they will cover the cost of the LPC for me!!

I'm so surprised, this has come out of nowhere. Within an hour I had accepted a place and been enrolled onto part-time study.

Has anyone else had this?

Holy shit, that is amazing! Congratulations!

Reactions: John Travoni

Kola

Legendary Member
    Sep 27, 2020
    Woah I didn't know that could happen haha! You have done so well! How did that come about?

Neither did I. Didn't think I could even make it past Kirkland's application stage let alone end up getting a job. Feel like a cat who has somehow fumbled into a lion's den lol. They converted it after my first partner interview. I thought I had completely flopped but I guess they liked me idk.

Emily K

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 29, 2018
    Neither did I. Didn't think I could even make it past Kirkland's application stage let alone end up getting a job. Feel like a cat who has somehow fumbled into a lion's den lol. They converted it after my first partner interview. I thought I had completely flopped but I guess they liked me idk.
    You must have done amazingly, so happy for you!! ☺️

• Love
    Reactions: Kola

whoknew

Mar 8, 2021
    That is so cool!! Incredible achievement! Can i ask, does that mean that after your 1st partner interview, you passed a second subsequent interview?

Reactions: SF1234 and Kola
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.