2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helpme12345

Valued Member
Nov 19, 2020
;):):)
I have an AC invite for CMS!! First ever AC, so if anyone has any tips - particularly for CMS it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Just received a CMS AC invitation too! :)

Received a CMS AC invitation as well - I submitted my video interview on 16 November, really thought I wouldn't get one given the long wait. For those still waiting, take heart in that!

congratulations all and best of luck! When are you due to have it? :)

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Love how NRF included an email for reasonable adjustments for the WG and the person on that email is on leave until Jan and the test is due next week :confused:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Love how NRF included an email for reasonable adjustments for the WG and the person on that email is on leave until Jan and the test is due next week :confused:

They will be able to extend the test deadline or someone else will be able to adjust the test in their absence.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    How long does it take to hear if you have been passed through the Reed Smith SST? I just got my feedback report, but was curious when yous found out about the next stage?

MZ

Esteemed Member
    Forum Winner
    Oct 7, 2020
    Yeah, I had this same stuff with CC. I feel bad they are super busy but I don't want to be put at a disadvantage lol.
    Don't feel bad! I had that with another firm, I needed reasonable adjustments but they'd previously said they couldn't extend the test deadline under any circumstances and grad rec didn't get back to me in time (or ever) so I just decided to do the test so I would at least have a chance of submitting it. I definitely regret that now because that was my strongest app (and top 3 firm) and I was rejected for my test performance, so I definitely think it's much better to keep trying to contact grad rec until you get a response (which I don't think is any inconvenience to them since you need an answer urgently) than to take a test under conditions that won't showcase your potential.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Celestie

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Hi guys, I'm just wondering what a typical benchmark for the WG might be - I've done all the tests I can find and I typically score 80% of the marks but I'm not sure if this is a strong score. Obviously I know benchmarks are dependent on other applicants' scores so there's no way to be sure, but can someone advise me if this is a strong score please?

Reactions: JoNo

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    does anyone know what kind of things jones day look for in the academic reference? they've requested for mine and unfortunately I put my referee as my personal tutor who later became my tutor for one of my modules I did really badly in my mock (i failed) - will the tutor mention this? But then I also got 100% in one of my exams [which isn't really that imp. tbh] but hopefully that will help.

also the quickest turnaround - submitted late last night and informed of ref today!

• 🏆
    Reactions: CF and Celestie

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    Hi guys, I'm just wondering what a typical benchmark for the WG might be - I've done all the tests I can find and I typically score 80% of the marks but I'm not sure if this is a strong score. Obviously I know benchmarks are dependent on other applicants' scores so there's no way to be sure, but can someone advise me if this is a strong score please?

personally I think 80% is a strong score! As you said it's dependent on other applicant performance but there's also the fact that next to nobody gets 100% and 80% is pretty darn close so you can extrapolate from that :p I passed dentons wg consistently scoring lower than 80% on practice tests if that helps (although I have no idea what I actually scored since they don't release it).

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    I am trying to fill in Boodle Hatfields application form but when I put in 'Work History' and any work that is 'Present' the thing goes red :mad: Anyone else had this issue with apply4law?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.