2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

legalCheek27

Star Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 29, 2020
    Willkie VS offer!!

Not to make one of those sappy posts, but I have had quite terrible luck for a few cycles. This was the first time I advanced past the application stage in quite some time and was my only real chance this cycle as well. While I still have to work hard to convert this to a TC, this shows that all you need is one offer.

Good luck to all those still waiting for good news and thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help and support.
    Congratulations!!! Is this for the Spring or Summer scheme?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice. I’ve managed to get a vac scheme which has multiple dates, and on wednesday they assigned me dates that clash with another vac scheme I’ve had an AC for and asked me to confirm them. I should hear back from the second firm today so I was planning on waiting and getting back to the first firm today (and asking if I could do the scheme on the other date they offer should I get the second vac scheme) but they’ve just texted me about it. I don’t want to leave them waiting but I feel a bit awkward saying I’m waiting for another firm- should I reply to them now and explain that I’ll get back to them by the end of today or wait?

JoeyTr

Valued Member
  • Jan 4, 2021
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice. I’ve managed to get a vac scheme which has multiple dates, and on wednesday they assigned me dates that clash with another vac scheme I’ve had an AC for and asked me to confirm them. I should hear back from the second firm today so I was planning on waiting and getting back to the first firm today (and asking if I could do the scheme on the other date they offer should I get the second vac scheme) but they’ve just texted me about it. I don’t want to leave them waiting but I feel a bit awkward saying I’m waiting for another firm- should I reply to them now and explain that I’ll get back to them by the end of today or wait?
    I would respond saying I have a potential clash with the proposed dates, I'm waiting to get clarity and should be able to let them know by monday. It's nice to keep them in the loop :)

Reactions: Aspiringtrainee9876

GK8997

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2020
    Is there a reason why you can't do another date for the firm that has multiple dates? If the firm is flexible for you to attend any of their dates, maybe you could just ask to be on a non-clashing set of dates anyway so that way you won't have an issue if you hear back positively from your second firm and you can text them back now!

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    After receiving my post-interview rejection for Withers and post-AS rejection for Taylor Wessing, I have also felt very dejected with no offers being left with 2 firms to go this cycle for which I am not left with much hope.

I am however filled with hope for the next cycle (and for the next round of applying to TCs) because of the information I have learnt from some kind people I have spoken to on the forum. I now have an idea on how to improve my applications to be more successful for next year, which is something that is keeping me motivated. We can all do this as long as we keep persevering!!!! 🥳 For anyone feeling like it is all too much, go for a walk, talk to a trusted friend (or order some fro-yo and binge watch KUWTK which helped me:D)

The fact that I had to google to remember what KUWTK is just illustrates how much we need to escape the application process 🥲

I love your approach and your motivation, you are going to get there! All about taking these knocks in your stride. Good luck for direct TCs! 🥰

• Wow
    Reactions: collie_121
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.