Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I can't believe I'm writing this...

After my AC yesterday for a summer VS, the partner who interviewed me just calling me letting me know that they were so impressed THEY'RE OFFERING ME THE TC STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I literally would not have had even an OUNCE of success without the forum and this INCREDIBLY supportive community and I hope desperately that there's some way for me to give back to all the people that've helped and anyone else that might be struggling with getting a VS/TC in the future. Please let me know if there's something I can do - I'd love to stick around here in some form for next cycles!!!!!

now back to crying my eyes out lol
    That's incredible news! So so happy for you! Make sure you celebrate properly this evening as you have more than earned it :D which firm are you going to be joining if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: Jedward87

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    omg well done , which firm was it

That's incredible news! So so happy for you! Make sure you celebrate properly this evening as you have more than earned it :D which firm are you going to be joining if you don't mind me asking?
    Thank you so much! It's Dentons!!

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    After my AC yesterday for a summer VS, the partner who interviewed me just calling me letting me know that they were so impressed THEY'RE OFFERING ME THE TC STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I literally would not have had even an OUNCE of success without the forum and this INCREDIBLY supportive community and I hope desperately that there's some way for me to give back to all the people that've helped and anyone else that might be struggling with getting a VS/TC in the future. Please let me know if there's something I can do - I'd love to stick around here in some form for next cycles!!!!!

OH WOW CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

That is SO AMAZING, you are about to have the best weekend of your life! I'm so happy for you, you should be so proud of yourself and you deserve this so much.

G P

Star Member
    Jul 13, 2020
    Did my VI interview for White & Case on the 10th March (thought I completely bombed it) and didn’t get an email back so assumed I was rejected. By chance I logged in this evening and saw an interview invite sent TWO WEEKS AGO on the 12th. Completely panicking now 🙃🙃
    When is the interview?! You got this! (at least you found the invite before the day of the interview lol) ;)

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I saw that some people got offered training contract offers from Kirkland and Ellis and correct me if I am wrong did they cancel their vacation schemes and offer a training contract with a further interview. I think I saw this somewhere in this forum this week. Also if that is true what does that mean for their direct training contract applications in June like are they still going to open applications for direct training contract applications.

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    I saw that some people got offered training contract offers from Kirkland and Ellis and correct me if I am wrong did they cancel their vacation schemes and offer a training contract with a further interview. I think I saw this somewhere in this forum this week. Also if that is true what does that mean for their direct training contract applications in June like are they still going to open applications for direct training contract applications.
    Yes, they cancelled the Vac Scheme this year. They don't normally hire from direct TC's anyway and doubt it will be any different this year - especially if the c.10 they have offered TCs to accept.

Reactions: OB

Lily721

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020

Honestly, that is amazing!!! Really well done and congratulations!

• Love
    Reactions: Kablahc

layla rose

Legendary Member
  • Nov 27, 2020

That is INSANE!!! Congratulations, so so happy for you!!!! Do you think it was something in particular that helped you do so well in the AC??

• Love
    Reactions: Kablahc

Kablahc

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    That is INSANE!!! Congratulations, so so happy for you!!!! Do you think it was something in particular that helped you do so well in the AC??
    One thing: LUCK
    ...but also probably preparing a lot for the case study! I come from a law background but my degree has no commercial or corporate content so I basically learned all that beforehand and I think that's what they found most impressive.

My interviewers were also the nicest I'd ever had and such welcoming friendly people so I think that also factored majorly into my confidence like being able to relax and smile and crack a few jokes!

• 🏆
    Reactions: FM302989

layla rose

Legendary Member
  • Nov 27, 2020
    One thing: LUCK
    ...but also probably preparing a lot for the case study! I come from a law background but my degree has no commercial or corporate content so I basically learned all that beforehand and I think that's what they found most impressive.

My interviewers were also the nicest I'd ever had and such welcoming friendly people so I think that also factored majorly into my confidence like being able to relax and smile and crack a few jokes!
    Okay give yourself more credit - whilst luck plays a part as has been said on the forum several times, I think it's much harder to get through the AC based on that! You clearly BLEW THEM OUT OF THE WATER with that case study + interviews and ahhh im so happy for you !!! your hard work paid off 🥳🥳🥳

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.