2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
I just realised I capitalised 'Sincerely' in 'Yours Sincerely' in at least 2 of my applications.. will this affect them massively? I cannot believe I did this, I am so disappointed with myself

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I just realised I capitalised 'Sincerely' in 'Yours Sincerely' in at least 2 of my applications.. will this affect them massively? I cannot believe I did this, I am so disappointed with myself

no. Highly unlikely to be a deciding factor on an application

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I’ve had to unsubscribe from so many email lists otherwise I have a heart attack every ten minutes

My advice is change your settings so you only get notified every few hours, or if you feel even more brave, that you only get your emails twice a day!

jds555

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 26, 2019
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody has started drafting Latham & Watkins VS application questions? If so, how are you generally finding them in terms of providing coherent and well structured answers?

conniekatherine

Esteemed Member
Sep 30, 2019
hey guys, i was thinking about applying to Jones Day but noted there is a specific question on what Jones Day events I've attended. As I haven't attended any - do you think it is worth applying? Has anyone else been in a similar position?

I haven't been to any of their events and put that on my app, still got invited to interview for the summer scheme :)

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
I have a telephone interview with Mayer Brown on Tuesday and was wondering if anyone knows what type of questions they typically ask? I believe it’s strengths-based, but does this mean they won’t ask the typical ‘why law?’ or ‘why Mayer brown’ style questions? Would really appreciate any help :)

Hi, may I ask how many days you were given between the invitation for the phone call and the date of the phonecall itself?

D

Deleted member 2707

Anyone applying to Kirkland & Ellis know if it is okay to refer to them as Kirkland? Also, they had a question on why I want to be a trainee at a transactional-focused firm. I was planning to talk about variety of the world, types of client, a bigger focus on business as opposed to black letter law, and the less adversarial nature of the job. Anyone have any inputs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.