2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Just a heads up that I'll be closing this thread in 8 pages time.

(Crazy that this thread is less than 6 months old and has over 2 million views!)
I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of those views were me.
clicking youtube GIF by Great Big Story

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Just a heads up that I'll be closing this thread in 8 pages time.

(Crazy that this thread is less than 6 months old and has over 2 million views!)
We probably need to try and direct general chat to the general discussion thread. It’s great this thread has been popular, but it does have a tendency to go off topic a lot 😂

A

Anon 11031

Sad that this thread will be gone soon! I haven't been here long (and I'm glad I found TCLA before starting my first cycle) but I understand why it's so popular. Everyone is so incredibly supportive and kind.

I love this community, it makes me feel less alone on days where I just feel really fed up and overwhelmed by the TC process. And before finding TCLA, I just didn't think I was good enough to ever be a solicitor. But you see so many people securing VS's and TCs that it restores your hope that with a bit of help, that will be you too.

Sorry for how soppy that is, but it's really helped. 👏

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Sad that this thread will be gone soon! I haven't been here long (and I'm glad I found TCLA before starting my first cycle) but I understand why it's so popular. Everyone is so incredibly supportive and kind.

I love this community, it makes me feel less alone on days where I just feel really fed up and overwhelmed by the TC process. And before finding TCLA, I just didn't think I was good enough to ever be a solicitor. But you see so many people securing VS's and TCs that it restores your hope that with a bit of help, that will be you too.

Sorry for how soppy that is, but it's really helped. 👏

Thank you to you too for helping this place to be supportive and kind!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I'd also like to say a massive thank you to everyone on this forum for the help they've provided me with this year...

19/20 application cycle (without knowing about TCLA) --- I made 8 applications and made it past the application stage 0 times.

20/21 application cycle (with the help of TCLA) --- I made 12 applications and made it past the application stage 7 times. I reached 3 AC's and was offered 1 VS.

Following the VS, I've since been offered a TC at the firm which has always been my top choice! Hopefully this just goes to show that rejection is inevitable, but everyone is going to get there in the end. Thanks again everyone for all the help and support ✌️😌
    Huge congrats - that's brilliant news and hope you're able to celebrate in the sunshine :D

• Love
    Reactions: Haz

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    I haven't heard back either. And they don't reply to email or answer calls, nor provide any update at all. It's just so frustrating.
    I suspect they probably do the same approach as Katten, which is to only respond to successful applications. However, Katten made this very clear. When I applied to Katten I got an automated email telling me that if I didn't hear back by X date then I must assume I was unsuccessful. MoFo didn't even do that

Last edited:
    • Sad
    Reactions: FM302989

freddiet97

Mar 17, 2021
    Hi - does anyone have any insight into what the Orrick written assessment entails? Wondering if it will be similar to ones I have done prior (like editing an email)? Can't find much information.
    Hi - I am in a similar position to you in terms of my Orrick application. I did the WG on 6th April and haven't heard anything since (not even a confirmation email for completing the WG). Have you been invited to complete a written assessment with Orrick? I cannot seem to find any information on what the assessment will consist of.

freddiet97

Mar 17, 2021
    Hey, I did Orrick WG on 4th April and not heard anything since. I saw some people said they got update emails saying they would hear back by last Friday, also seen that some people have been told they’re through to next stage. But then I’ve also seen someone only got a WG invite yesterday... is it worth me asking for an update? I was just worried as I hadn’t received these update emails that some people had mentioned - can WG results get lost at all?!
    I am in the same boat. Have you contacted them or have they emailed you? Pretty sure WG results can't get lost.

Reactions: Adrian_Healey

AAA_a

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 14, 2019
    I suspect they probably do the same approach as Katten, which is to only respond to successful applications. However, Katten made this very clear. When I applied to Katten I got an automated email telling me that if I didn't hear back by X date then I must assume I was unsuccessful. MoFo didn't even do that
    I applied to MoFo last cycle as well and they did send a PFO back then, so I don’t think they are ghosting?

• Haha
    Reactions: M777

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    If it's any consolation, a few weeks ago I got a PFO from Vinson & Elkins, from a 2019 application.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.