2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
Got a Mayer Brown invite for their SJT and Verbal Reasoning. Um, is this is automatic or?

This is what they said :

Thank you for applying for a vacation scheme with Mayer Brown International LLP. I am pleased to inform you that we would like to progress you to the next stage in our recruitment process.

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
I haven't heard back from White & Case for winter vac scheme after submitting my application on 2nd October. Should I assume rejection?

vickystar

Dec 30, 2018
Got an interview with Jones Day ! would really appreciate any tips and/or advice for it - thank you!
Congratulations!!! I did a VS with Jones Day last year. It was SUPER conversational! They ask the standard questions like why commercial law and why Jones Day. They ask questions about the benefits/drawbacks of their TC structure (it was non-rotational when I applied). There was mix of motivational, competency and commercial awareness qs (e.g. latest news article you've been following). My biggest advice is that they really want to get to know YOU so make sure you go over your cover letter/work history because they discuss certain points. Also, they may ask questions like your hobbies etc.

• ℹ️
  • 🤝
Reactions: 202023r, NK, Emily77 and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.