2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Can anyone confirm the timings for the CMS VI? I've seen previously its been 60 seconds to think about the question and 60 seconds to answer, but just wanted to see if anyone could confirm this?

My video interview last year was that exact format and for around 4/5 questions? You'll get instructions before you start though I'm sure- good luck!

hunter

Star Member
  • Oct 30, 2020
    Hi, does anyone know what this indicated?

I sent off a vac scheme application for my no.1 firm shortly after applications opened. I was advised that grad rec would look at my application shortly.
    I got another email from grad rec saying that my application has for now, been put on hold. They said they would be in contact closer to the closing date of the vac scheme apps to let me know if I've got an interview or not.

Does this mean that I'm in the 'maybe' pile. Not good enough to ask for an interview now, but worth keeping if the competition isn't good enough?:(

202023r

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 28, 2019

I sent off a vac scheme application for my no.1 firm shortly after applications opened. I was advised that grad rec would look at my application shortly.
    I got another email from grad rec saying that my application has for now, been put on hold. They said they would be in contact closer to the closing date of the vac scheme apps to let me know if I've got an interview or not.

Does this mean that I'm in the 'maybe' pile. Not good enough to ask for an interview now, but worth keeping if the competition isn't good enough?:(

Is this for Sullivan & Cromwell?

Reactions: hunter

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    Hi Tanvi, I'm no expert, but I'd guess this is a chance to state the general approaches of a number of firms, including WHY you know it to be key to long-term success for a firm. Plus if you can include initiatives they are involved in/introducing/implementing, that will gain you some points.

And you really need to reflect on the non-superficial, non-box-ticking aspects of this. What does diversity mean to you? Can you see any issues that a more diverse (ie less homogenous) workplace cohort might present? What is inclusion and how is it linked to diversity? Are they actually the same thing or definitely not? What do you feel about quotas? Can you give examples of where talent that might have been missed has won through? What does it take? And why has it moved up the agenda?

Sorry, I'd imagined I would be giving you an answer rather than more questions... but that's how I'd interpret the q.
    Thanks, Alison!

This is great - I'll have a think!

But you don't think I need to be talking specifically about AG too much?

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Thanks, Alison!

This is great - I'll have a think!

But you don't think I need to be talking specifically about AG too much?
    I'm planning on doing the application over the next couple of weeks. I was intending to link some of the more general points to diversity initiatives/approaches that AG already runs/has implemented recently.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

Sounds like it could be more about them rather than you.

Reactions: hunter
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.