2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

xEmily1998

Oct 5, 2020
Anyone else still waiting on Ashurst winter VS post-application form? I've not received the rejection email which they have been sending out, but am getting worried since ACs seem to be well on their way. Also, on another thread last month, someone contacted grad rec who said they were expecting to have sent out invites by late october/early nov.

Reactions: AH97

amcha595

Sep 3, 2020
Anyone else still waiting on Ashurst winter VS post-application form? I've not received the rejection email which they have been sending out, but am getting worried since ACs seem to be well on their way. Also, on another thread last month, someone contacted grad rec who said they were expecting to have sent out invites by late october/early nov.

I’m still waiting also! Sad because I actually did well on the tests but maybe I submitted my app too late (even though they said it was non rolling). Let’s wait and see :(

Reactions: xEmily1998

bethbristol

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Oct 30, 2019
Hi, does anyone know what to do if two vacation schemes clash? I have an offer from two places where one of the weeks on both of them clash... Thank you

This is a difficult one as ultimately you are unlikely to be able to do both. You could always speak to the firm who you perhaps are less interested in about the possibility of you only attending the other week, but this may not go down well. Alternatively, you can explain that you have already been offered a scheme and ask if you could be moved to one in the Spring or in the Summer.

Reactions: DrowninginSQE

DrowninginSQE

Legendary Member
Sep 23, 2020
This is a difficult one as ultimately you are unlikely to be able to do both. You could always speak to the firm who you perhaps are less interested in about the possibility of you only attending the other week, but this may not go down well. Alternatively, you can explain that you have already been offered a scheme and ask if you could be moved to one in the Spring or in the Summer.
Thanks, I may have to try to move one... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.