2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manifesting

Esteemed Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 11, 2020
Does anyone know how long you have to take the Herbert Smith Freehills test after submitting your online application? Just want to time it so I am free!
Thanks
For HSF, you're required to complete the test within 7 days of receiving an invitation for it. I applied on a weekend day and I didn't get a test link until Monday. So if your aim is to maximise your time to prepare, submit late on Friday or over the weekend for an extra few days.

• 🤝
Reactions: WannabeSolicitor24

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Has anyone heard from Taylor Wessing? Applied back in October, then had a successful open day application but nothing regarding the vacation scheme?

Lawsm21

Oct 19, 2020
    Has anyone been rejected from Bird & Bird post-WG? Didn't feel like the WG went too well and didn't get a VI invite when others did last week so not sure if I still have any hope of a VI haha :)
    I'm going to do the WG test for Bird&Bird shortly, did you find it harder than other ones you have done? Feeling slightly nervous about it now ://

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I'm going to do the WG test for Bird&Bird shortly, did you find it harder than other ones you have done? Feeling slightly nervous about it now ://
    Tbh it was pretty standard, but my first one of the cycle. I second guessed some answers in the time I had left at the end which was probably why I failed haha. Did the CMS one a week later and just stuck with my gut and passed! So if anything, make sure you stick with your gut and don’t overly stress about it as that was my downfall!

D

Deleted member 8599

Tbh it was pretty standard, but my first one of the cycle. I second guessed some answers in the time I had left at the end which was probably why I failed haha. Did the CMS one a week later and just stuck with my gut and passed! So if anything, make sure you stick with your gut and don’t overly stress about it as that was my downfall!
    Also make sure you do the test as fast as possible. The results from the Watson Glaser are a combination of both accuracy and speed.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: NadineBusty, M777 and OB

Lawsm21

Oct 19, 2020
    Ah okay thank you! Will stick with my gut!

• 🤝
    Reactions: OB

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Also make sure you do the test as fast as possible. The results from the Watson Glaser are a combination of both accuracy and speed.
    OK yes I literally sat and thought about my answers for the last 5 mins of the Bird & Bird WG haha, definitely why I failed then

Reactions: NadineBusty
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.