2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray

Nov 18, 2020
For the Jones Day cover letter do people usually put dear.. and then yours sincerely at the end? It says we do not need to address it to a person or include addresses but does this mean there is no dear graduate recruitment manager?

I received a VS a few days ago, and used 'Dear Sir/Madam' as my introduction to the cover letter. I don't think they're particularly concerned by the use of formalities (I personally don't believe any firm is really fussed). Hope this helps!

Reactions: lawlad

SRW

Star Member
Mar 11, 2019
For the Jones Day cover letter do people usually put dear.. and then yours sincerely at the end? It says we do not need to address it to a person or include addresses but does this mean there is no dear graduate recruitment manager?
You don't need to address it to Grad Rec don't worry

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
I haven't heard from W&C re. the winter vac scheme at all since applying, and that was in early October. Is it worth contacting them, or is it best to assume rejection and move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.