2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawbour

Legendary Member
Dec 25, 2018
Well done! Do you know if you have to take the practice test and the actual one together? Or, can you take the practice one before then have a break?

I know this wasn't directed to me but thought I'd put in me two cents... the practice test is only like 2 questions so even if you are allowed to come back to it, it wouldn't be worth it

• ℹ️
Reactions: OB and (deleted member)

Kablahc

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    Does everyone get the BCLP test or is it sent after screening? Any tips for the test would be greatly appreciated!

Just got the email and it says it's 'part of the screening process', but I applied over Xmas period and didn't get it instantly (edit- i mean automatically lol) so perhaps they send it to every applicant after checking they're eligible? (And I second the request for tips - my first time applying to BCLP!).

Els

Standard Member
    Nov 3, 2020
    Just got the email and it says it's 'part of the screening process', but I applied over Xmas period and didn't get it instantly (edit- i mean automatically lol) so perhaps they send it to every applicant after checking they're eligible? (And I second the request for tips - my first time applying to BCLP!).

I would say the test is a combination of situational judgement and around 15-20 qs critical thinking at the end. I would recommend a break in between as it can be full-on! Also with SJT, I would say to refresh yourself on what BCLP look for in their trainees but don't base your answers just off of this. IMO SJT depends on consistent answers so saying you're totally independent in one scenario and then saying you wouldn't take sole responsibility for a project role in another shows inconsistency so think about that when you're answering!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.