2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    For the freshfields personal statement, should I rename the document to say my name or keep it as I downloaded it?
    It's not of much importance so don't worry too much- personally, I tended to name each application something like "TS VS Jacob Miller" or "NRF VS Jacob Miller"- meant that the document was clearly identifiable in my own filing system and for anyone reading it. Firms do have very capable internal filing systems though so it is highly unlikely to ever come down to having your name on it for a document to stay with your file! Very best of luck with the application.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: corplaw0702

Emily K

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 29, 2018
    Has anybody got any tips regarding Baker McKenzie's VI? Thanks in advance :)

Hi! I had a Baker McKenzie VI in May last year (so might have changed since then!) but there were four competency questions and one commercial question. The interview was fairly straightforward, just make sure you've thought of some examples for common competency questions (there's a really useful list on TCLA which I used to prepare) and use the time they give you before recording each answer to quickly structure your response. I think you are given 30-45 seconds to think and then 90 seconds to answer. Also, be ready for anything with the commercial question! At a presentation I went to, they said that they asked about the pros and cons of the SQE one year, so make sure you're up to date with trends in the legal profession as well as general commercial awareness. Best of luck for the VI! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.