2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hele25

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
They started sending AC invites just before Christmas. I think they've been sending them in batches each week. I have my AC next Tuesday (eek) - I applied back in October. They didn't mention the WG at all - they don't release your scores - so I guess the only way of knowing for sure if you passed the benchmark is if you get an invite?

Good luck!

Okay, so now I’m freaking out sightly (always great, what’s another breakdown?) I applied back at the end of September and completer the WG early October and have heard nothing from DLA... Should I be worried??

• 🤝
Reactions: Andrew M

Tariq Kioumji

Dec 27, 2020
Just received an invite for a 'video interview' with Jones Day for a VS - but it seems to be a live virtual interview with senior members of the firm? Is this theonly stage, or is this a preliminary one? Would be grateful for any advice from someone familiar with the process!
Congratulations on the VI!! Do you know if Jones Day contacted your referee?

JW

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Just to follow up on this, I emailed AG grad rec with my individual module grades and got this response:
"You were correct in saying we don't need your individual modules – we previously asked for this on our old system but have streamlined the application this year."

So I imagine Irwin Mitchell is the same.

Thanks for following up on this Andrew! Now I'm worried mine have been included after what I was told on the webinar... I wonder if I should email and ask about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.