2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikkiT

Legendary Member
Oct 2, 2020
Quite urgent! On the Taylor Wessing application, it won't let me go to the next page because my answer must be less than 250 words and it is 248 - does anyone know how to fix this?

Eliza9999

Jun 27, 2019
Quite urgent! On the Taylor Wessing application, it won't let me go to the next page because my answer must be less than 250 words and it is 248 - does anyone know how to fix this?

I had this same issue too and couldn't fix this! It kept telling me to do less than 250 words even though the question says 250 words max. I just had to remove a few words unfortunately, it was the only way I could fix it

Reactions: cmaj

33c

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
M&A Bootcamp
Aug 8, 2020
I had this same issue too and couldn't fix this! It kept telling me to do less than 250 words even though the question says 250 words max. I just had to remove a few words unfortunately, it was the only way I could fix it
I second @Eliza9999 's post/ I had to get mine down to around 245 or something.

Reactions: cmaj

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

It is likely to be counting something as words. This could include include paragraph spacing and bullet points, both of which can sometimes be counted as more than one word each time.

• ℹ️
Reactions: NikkiT and Tushar

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hey Dheepa,

Many thanks for your help with the Latham advice that you provided, it really helped. I am also, currently stuck on this question for White&Case? How would you suggest the best way is to detail these experiences from the events that you attended? Many thanks.

Hi JD,

Don't overthink this question! List out any Open Days/events/workshops you've attended and try to reflect on if there's anything in particular that you learned/stood out from those events. One of the things I mentioned on mine was a workshop I attended with a smaller regional firm and I linked that to developing my interest in transactional work done at larger firms. So think along those lines - hope that helps! :)

Reactions: jds555

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Thanks a lot, that’s a good example! So, all things considered, you think I’m still expected to tie those skills/attributes back to my own experience even though they don’t explicitly ask that?

Yes that is how I would approach the question!

Reactions: Staples

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Is it worth applying to White & Case training contract or should I try to apply for a vac scheme? Not sure what to do :eek:

You can actually apply for a TC in the same cycle even after being rejected from a VS app (this is what I did last cycle and my TC app got through although my VS one didn't)

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Super nervous about this week... hopefully hearing back about the vac schemes I applied for!
    Cant stop obsessively refreshing my emails :eek:
    Girl turn on push notifications and stop refreshing - I promise it only makes you more anxious - distract yourself with something, perhaps a tv show or something - limited options I know with the lockdown but honestly refreshing the emails only makes you stressed and antsy!!

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Super nervous about this week... hopefully hearing back about the vac schemes I applied for!
    Cant stop obsessively refreshing my emails :eek:
    Don't know why someone voted this as 'unhelpful'...

As @LS12 rightly said, turn on push notifications and look after yourself. The longer you stare at the email inbox, the more stressful it will become and that's not good for you. Taking care of yourself is so important! :)

sabma

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 22, 2018
    Does anyone know when Linklaters are responding to applications? I have been on hold (70%) for a while now and wanted to know if it was just me.
    They've given out a couple rejections so they've been making their way through apps slowly. I think they've just finished interview their winter vac schemers for TC last week, so they should be picking up pace reviewing Spring and Summer vac scheme applications this week and next.

Georgina Evans

Valued Member
  • Jul 25, 2019
    Girl turn on push notifications and stop refreshing - I promise it only makes you more anxious - distract yourself with something, perhaps a tv show or something - limited options I know with the lockdown but honestly refreshing the emails only makes you stressed and antsy!!
    Don't know why someone voted this as 'unhelpful'...

As @LS12 rightly said, turn on push notifications and look after yourself. The longer you stare at the email inbox, the more stressful it will become and that's not good for you. Taking care of yourself is so important! :)

Thanks guys, really appreciate the advice!! Staring at my emails won't make replies come faster :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.