Status
Not open for further replies.

cogito ergo sum

Star Member
  • Nov 2, 2018
    Wait some of yous are on the GDL?

Christ, I am a child :(
    Thank you! You will be fine!!

They call people one by one. Maybe that's why you are still waiting.

Just make sure you won't have 30 seconds of awkward silence like me when you pick up the call. I thought the call was a scam, asking me if I was involved in a car accident :')

konanslan

Nov 25, 2020
    To those that have already done the Dentons telephone interview, did grad rec ring the phone number you provided in the application form? I booked my slot in December and have my interview tomorrow morning but never received a confirmation email re any joining instructions. :oops:
    Yep they called the number in my application form right on time.

W

Legendary Member
    May 12, 2019
    Just got though to the research questions for Reed Smith!

Does anyone have any advice on how to phrase/answer this question:

Taking into account the firm's core values and drawing on any examples you have from your experiences, would you feel confident enough to challenge your colleagues if they were carrying out a process incorrectly?

Definitely not a question I have come across before haha

NSinger

Esteemed Member
  • Dec 21, 2019
    Just got though to the research questions for Reed Smith!

Does anyone have any advice on how to phrase/answer this question:

Taking into account the firm's core values and drawing on any examples you have from your experiences, would you feel confident enough to challenge your colleagues if they were carrying out a process incorrectly?

Definitely not a question I have come across before haha

Congrats, is this for summer?

SecretSantaxx

Star Member
    Dec 9, 2020
    Hey guys, does anyone if the deadline for Osborne Clarke's online test is the same as their application deadline? I can't seem to find anything on their website.

Thanks,

In the email I received on 3rd January it said this:

The test expires, so please ensure that you complete it within the following deadline:

Vacation scheme – 23.59 on 16 January
    Training contract – 23.59 on 16 January
    Insight scheme – 23.59 on 1 March

• ℹ️
    Reactions: jkjk99, ZaraB and Jessica Booker

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    Hey guys, does anyone if the deadline for Osborne Clarke's online test is the same as their application deadline? I can't seem to find anything on their website.

Thanks,
    Grad rec sent an email after I submitted my application that for the vacation scheme it expires on 23.59 on 16 January

SecretSantaxx

Star Member
    Dec 9, 2020
    Just wanted to say a huge congratulations to everyone who has received AC invites!

I just wanted to echo something I read a few pages back and that is, many firms do look and review in batches - just because some people are getting invites/are possibly sadly getting rejected, this rarely has a bearing on the outcome of your application. You only know for sure when you get an email telling you either way. Despite knowing this when applying, I would be lying if I said I personally found this easy to ignore but it really is true.

Also @Tanaya, I apologise this is coming to you a bit late but I was so devastated following two vacation schemes I didn't convert. I had it deeply rooted in my mind that one of them was 'my firm'. After a bit of reflection and taking stock, I realised that wasn't the case and actually my TC is now with the best firm for me that I could possibly imagine. I really hope this might help you a little and you sound like you submitted a really well proofed application so just stick to that and know you are doing the right things.

@Jessica Booker Do you have any idea how applications are sorted into batches? Is it likely to be based on the date of applications or is it completely randomised? Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.