2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegalLordLox

Legendary Member
Jan 3, 2021
Oh okay, thanks for letting me know! I'm doing the game based assessment this week and thought I was a bit too late in the process

You’re definitely not too late! Make sure you take your time. It’s not about the score it’s more about the match! I know some people who scored 9500 and didn’t get onto the first year scheme!

I scored 8800 and got onto the scheme last year.

best of luck hope it goes well! Take
Your time!

Reactions: OB

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Probably a really stupid question but should you wear headphones for a virtual AC? Or does it look unprofessional?

If it’s best for you in terms of hearing and being heard, wear them. Everyone’s got used to seeing people with all types of headphones on in video calls.

It will be far more unprofessional if you are struggling to hear or be heard.

Phoebe

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 25, 2018
If it’s best for you in terms of hearing and being heard, wear them. Everyone’s got used to seeing people with all types of headphones on in video calls.

It will be far more unprofessional if you are struggling to hear or be heard.

Thanks Jessica. I've been told I speak quite softly so I'm thinking it's probably a good idea!

I.Like.UFOs.Not.PFOs

Esteemed Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi! I think I have made a mistake on one of my VS applications. Basically, because there were no specific instructions (and I was trying to keep everything to one page), I didn’t include the firm’s address in a cover letter. I’m not sure if this is typical/ if it will be interpreted as me not knowing how to write a formal letter. Whilst there’s nothing I can do about it now, for future reference, does anyone have any advice about whether you should include the firm’s address, regardless of word count, instructions etc.
Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.